Weather Where You Are

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh...bob! i haven't seen them for a few years since i moved to town....but i thought i saw the older teen riding a harley south on hiway 101 last month

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
3:15 pm: It's 102° at the nearest WS station. It's 73° indoors in this 120 year old house. The AC has not yet been turned on.

Open windows, 60° outside air at 5:30 am, and 3 or 4 fans.

😁

Steve
who now has to go out, roll up the garden hose, and bring in the 3 loads of laundry he hung out this morning :oops:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
3:15 pm: It's 102° at the nearest WS station. It's 73° indoors in this 120 year old house. The AC has not yet been turned on.

Open windows, 60° outside air at 5:30 am, and 3 or 4 fans.

😁

Steve
who now has to go out, roll up the garden hose, and bring in the 3 loads of laundry he hung out this morning :oops:
We had a 3 hour lightning storm last night. Dry, until it was almost over, then it drizzled a few large warm raindrops. went out akmost first light to harvest beans...OH! 3 of my Ambrosia melons colored up overnight and "Slipped" just by touching them. Oh boy! I'm gonna cut one open for dinner! They are not big, but not tiny either. About the size of collective farm woman. bigger than those noir des carmes i grew 6 or so years ago.

Today it has been Sultry, positively hot and sultry. drove the long way to the store today to enjoy my new to me 2011 outback and her airconditioner.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the forecast is all over the map. changed from rain tomorrow night to nothing at all. a few days ago the forecast was for nothing at all today and it rained a bit a few minutes ago. not enough rain to make any difference, but still. now, no more rain in the forecast at all for the next week. previously the forecast also said it was going to be cooler. now that is all gone. mid-80sF or higher but at least no 90s.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been miserable here. We've never had 2 weeks of a heat wave. They have usually lasted 3-4 days.

On top of that are the fires. Our air quality is in the unhealthy for certain groups. Basically the air stinks of smoke and there are ashes everywhere. Because of the smoke we cannot open doors or windows. We have a fan but I don't think it does much.

Have ordered a portable AC unit several weeks ago and may be shipped Monday. Let's hope so.

Mary

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Environmental Protection Agency, working with the Forest Service has something new:

Fire AIR Now

If that link doesn't work, I can find another one. It's a map and you can zero in for current information. It allows you to check locations where there are fires and where air is okay and not okay. California looks real bad right now.

Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Texas is preparing for the hurricanes entering the gulf. Two at once? Ouch. Notice the brisket.
4dc7475.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had a LOUD thunderstorm around 3 a.m. I can not say I even heard it rain.... but we got 1/2 inch in the rain gauge!
Wishing you stay well and safe. I don't know the severity of the storms where you are personally but have heard they can be pretty bad.