Weather Where You Are

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We haven't had much snow accumulation this year, but there was enough yesterday for my husband and I to get the kicksleds over to the state park for a little recreation.
This is where we haul the horses to ride the other 3 seasons.

20181227_110021.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Incredible overnight end-of-the-year weather!

Temperature was 47°f, 2 hours after sunset.
Wind gusts were at 44 mph! @aftermidnight 's weather came here ...

Of course, the snow is once again nearly gone from my yard. Wind is supposed to pick up again soon and it is sunny. Cooler but clear skies going into 2019!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
3 January: It is nearly 40°f this morning and raining.

This is in the foothills of the Rockies, about 48° North latitude, and 2,000 feet elevation.

Meanwhile, it's freezing and snowing in Oklahoma City, about 36° North, and half this elevation. OKC is expecting 4" of snow, today.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How is that Midwest storm effecting your neighborhood?

Southeast Missouri had a 15 car pileup on Interstate 55 as the storm dumped snow there and headed north. @so lucky , @dickiebird ?

Freezing cold in Texas ... Here, there is a 90% chance of snow but so warm this afternoon that, I guess, the highways may just be wet. Chilly tomorrow so there is likely some icy driving conditions ahead. Warm, "open" winter here ... more so than I think that I have ever seen.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
woke up to -2F this morning (not counting wind-chill. forecast for day's high is 13F. tonight's forecast is for -8F. we had some snow yesterday at last, a good thing, it looks so much nicer out there with a snow blanket. was only supposed to get a few inches but it was about six (hard to tell exactly with the wind we had).

today is sunny and bright. tonight will be crystal clear for the full moon viewing and perhaps the eclipse. not sure i'll see it or not.

with the sun being out i can get some beans sorted. :) *does happy finger dance* \\// \/\/ \\// \/\/ //// \\\\ :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
+5 degrees now. 4-6” of snow that blew everywhere. Some 2’ high drifts in drive way. No one is to drive unless emergency. Allow workers to clean up.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're having strong winds from the west here, the last couple of days. Got snow yesterday, after freezing rain. @digitS' , I didn't hear about the big pile up on I-55, but news is kind of hard to get here on weekends. If it was north of St Francois county, the local news wouldn't have covered it.
Our big worry has been a power outage. DH bought a couple of propane heaters that we tried out last night. Hopefully they will keep us above freezing if needed.
Poor Penny does not like going out in the snow. She does her business in record time, and sprints back to the house.

Latest posts