Weather Where You Are

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I thought it was bad the other day with winds hitting 90 miles an hour here, ferries mot running, trees crashing down on houses and power outages, we were lucky we didn't lose ours.

Yesterday it was worse, the whole island was effected, winds up to 100, again trees crashing down on houses, some loss of life and it did damage to the water treatment plant here so the city sent out a badly worded warning DON'T USE WATER The warning should have read use water sparingly, it was water pressure that was worrisome not the quality, if we don't conserve while they fix things they'll have to bypass and put us on a boil water alert. Bottled water flew off the shelves needlessly, along with lots of empty selves from people stocking up.needless to say power was out all over the place, again we were lucky in that department we didn't lose our power in our little area.

We've had some pretty strong winds but nothing like this has ever happened here before, the new norm? What next, tornado? Climate change well it sure has happened in my lifetime.

Annette

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I thought it was bad the other day with winds hitting 90 miles an hour here, ferries mot running, trees crashing down on houses and power outages, we were lucky we didn't lose ours.

Yesterday it was worse, the whole island was effected, winds up to 100, again trees crashing down on houses, some loss of life and it did damage to the water treatment plant here so the city sent out a badly worded warning DON'T USE WATER The warning should have read use water sparingly, it was water pressure that was worrisome not the quality, if we don't conserve while they fix things they'll have to bypass and put us on a boil water alert. Bottled water flew off the shelves needlessly, along with lots of empty selves from people stocking up.needless to say power was out all over the place, again we were lucky in that department we didn't lose our power in our little area.

We've had some pretty strong winds but nothing like this has ever happened here before, the new norm? What next, tornado? Climate change well it sure has happened in my lifetime.

Annette

Sounds very scary. I'm so glad you came through it unscathed.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Annette, always make sure you have drinking water on hand in case of an emergency. I can't imagine 100hr winds! I'm sure things are a mess with branches everywhere. Stay safe.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woke up to some beautiful snow! Yay!!
:weee
Going to be putting some time in on this today. :)

DSCN3529.JPG

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Annette

Strange weather. Glad you are okay. They had on the news about the big snow we had in 2008 we had in December. Something like 2 feet and this year too warm to snow. We do get rain.