Weather Where You Are

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, YOU get what WE get. Tuesday snow AND ice for us. Stock up on ice melt.
A lot of storms go north to Chicago to Michigan. I’m good if this ice storm does that.....

Last night we had heavy west winds that made my trees bend and old house shudder.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday morning it was above 70*, Last night it was 22*, it's still not above freezing. I'll have to water with a bucket from the kitchen this evening.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, wind gusts to 35mph I read. :(
Making the wind chill about -20.
Looks like we won't be easing through this winter as nicely as I thought.

Topping up all the animal waters this evening and stuffing the feeders. My little mustang has a shelter but it's just a cover, no windbreak. I suspect she'll be fine as she has a super heavy coat and has probably been through worse.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, wind gusts to 35mph I read. :(
Making the wind chill about -20.
Looks like we won't be easing through this winter as nicely as I thought.

Topping up all the animal waters this evening and stuffing the feeders. My little mustang has a shelter but it's just a cover, no windbreak. I suspect she'll be fine as she has a super heavy coat and has probably been through worse.

DS and I had to hurry and get the rabbit hutch ready and hope they will be okay. I think you will be a little colder than us up north, but we will see -16 wind chill in the morning. The snow is already drifting. It is so powdery. The wind is picking up.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
February 9, 2019 32941 AM PST.png
"It's not true!" He said, having not bought anything for the storm.

:hide steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A lot of storms go north to Chicago to Michigan. I’m good if this ice storm does that.....

Last night we had heavy west winds that made my trees bend and old house shudder.

not too much snow/rain made it to us yesterday/last night, but the winds were pretty fierce. a lot of the storm went north and south of us.

the house doesn't shake here until it gets up to about 80mph.

the wind was strong enough yesterday to take down the tv/internet antenna, but even with it laying on top of the house i can still get a connection...

noway am i going up there it is both ice and snow. the tarp over the chimney cap is also somewhat coming off, not sure how long that will stay put. i tried to tell them when they put it on that we get really strong winds out here, but they didn't listen to me - so they'll be back. *sigh* Mom said she heard the loud thump when the antenna came down last night and i slept right through it. usually i'm not that heavy of a sleeper, but the morning before i was up at 3am...

as for feed stocks... the freezer is doing pretty good and i still have a few jars of beans to eat up along with some cheese and other snacks... a bit of sunshine just starting to peek out now. going to be a cold day, but at least the wind has calmed down. :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday evening our TV lost it's satalite signal at 6:45PM. There was just a dusting of snow on the ground and it. No wind at all. :th I got up on the ladder and used a broom to brush off the snow on the dish that sits on our roof edge... and miracle of miracles happened ... we got the TV back up and running. :celebrate :weee

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The high yesterday was 31, low in the lower 20's. We had quite a bit of sleet yesterday afternoon/last night. We still have sleet on parts of our roof. It was 33 this morning. Tomorrow's highs are in the low 50's.

Latest posts