Weather Where You Are

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH had to replace the pull cord on his today. :( Now we are having power outages all over the place. Can't keep up with the downed lines. The winds are vicious. Ice on the lines. Bad combo.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH had to replace the pull cord on his today. :( Now we are having power outages all over the place. Can't keep up with the downed lines. The winds are vicious. Ice on the lines. Bad combo.

That sounds bad. :( Do you have a way to heat if you lose power? I hope you aren't also having to drive a bus during this.
Stay safe :hugs.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mid to low's 50's in the day. For us it's cold! Supposed to start raining tonight, all day tomorrow, and through the night. But it's all good since we need the rain.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds bad. :( Do you have a way to heat if you lose power? I hope you aren't also having to drive a bus during this.
Stay safe :hugs.
We do have a generator. We waited long enough this a.m. (3 hour outage) power was on before DH headed to basement to hook it up. YES, I drove in it. :( the 2 hour late start was NOT enough. Winds blew all day. Roads just did not stay clear. Lots of drifting and some 100% snow/ice cover areas. Weather station says winds will continue this way all night and into Wed. Something like 45 MPH.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We do have a generator. We waited long enough this a.m. (3 hour outage) power was on before DH headed to basement to hook it up. YES, I drove in it. :( the 2 hour late start was NOT enough. Winds blew all day. Roads just did not stay clear. Lots of drifting and some 100% snow/ice cover areas. Weather station says winds will continue this way all night and into Wed. Something like 45 MPH.

I'm so sorry you have to work through that.
I would have a nervous breakdown.
Please take care of yourself. :hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowed all day and is still coming down. I guess we got winter after all.

This is my cattle panel hay storage structure. It's 8' tall. Moose guard on the front.
I have to pull the snow off it every day. If this snow keeps up there will be nowhere for the snow to slide to.

20190212_095327.jpg

This is the new little chicken coop, behind it is the tack room. The snow has built up on the roof and is up through the cattle panel arch that supports a hops vine during the summer.
20190212_095241.jpg
I cleaned the vehicles off yesterday, and ran the snowblower between and around them.
This was them, covered again this morning.
Aargh.
20190212_105906.jpg

Latest posts