Weather Where You Are

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had sunshine today and it's showing up again tomorrow.. then the gray gloomy skies will be back. I don't know what i'd do in all that snow. Yeah I do, I'd go back to Texas. LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am glad that I began thinking about snow "storage" when @bobm 's Mia system first began. (If tv weather people are calling it that, Bob is the only person who I'm getting the information that it's named.)

The driveway and walk to the front door have to be shoveled. There is only so much room on the parking strip between the street and the sidewalk. So, I throw a lot of snow over the 3' fence into the yard. Too much snow can accumulate in one place and it slides back. @Carol Dee , where is that "avalanche cartoon?!"

I made it out for a run to the pharmacy after DD stopped by and reported that the arterials are clear. She had to park 2 blocks away at the elementary school parking lot and walk in. She passed the intersection for our road where three guys were pushing a stuck driver about an hour earlier. Anyway, I dared not back into my driveway when I returned, fearing getting stuck crosswise in the middle of the road! Nose first, full speed ahead!!

Now, I've got my own nose pressed to the window anticipating the snow plow burying that driveway! Soon, about 20 school buses will need to come by and we know how those drivers are. I doubt that the kids will get another snow day. AND, I have an 8 o'clock appointment!

Steve
4:15 edit: and, it has started snowing again!

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We did get another snow day! Not that much snow. But it is on top of the ice. Which is still hanging around and now HIGH winds. Power outages . Late yesterday it took down a handful of power poles between Eldridge and Long Grove. County can't stay ahead of the drifting roads. So stay home another day. Thank goodness our power has stayed on since the 3 hour outage yesterday.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am glad that I began thinking about snow "storage" when @bobm 's Mia system first began. (If tv weather people are calling it that, Bob is the only person who I'm getting the information that it's named.)

The driveway and walk to the front door have to be shoveled. There is only so much room on the parking strip between the street and the sidewalk. So, I throw a lot of snow over the 3' fence into the yard. Too much snow can accumulate in one place and it slides back. @Carol Dee , where is that "avalanche cartoon?!"

I made it out for a run to the pharmacy after DD stopped by and reported that the arterials are clear. She had to park 2 blocks away at the elementary school parking lot and walk in. She passed the intersection for our road where three guys were pushing a stuck driver about an hour earlier. Anyway, I dared not back into my driveway when I returned, fearing getting stuck crosswise in the middle of the road! Nose first, full speed ahead!!

Now, I've got my own nose pressed to the window anticipating the snow plow burying that driveway! Soon, about 20 school buses will need to come by and we know how those drivers are. I doubt that the kids will get another snow day. AND, I have an 8 o'clock appointment!

Steve
Steve ... the weather person on Ch 2 first called this storm Mia about 2 days before the storm arrived as well as the day before. Then , as always with sensational journalism, backtrack to '"very heavy rains " that turned into DOWNPOUR the following day. :he :caf

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve

Steve I hope you made it out and back from your 8 o'clock appointment. It's kind of wild out there.
I always wonder what people in town do with all the snow when you run out of places to stack it.
We are fortunate to have more area for pushing/blowing, but even then we have to get creative some years. We are also very thankful for our next door neighbor who graciously plows our driveway with his tractor if he sees we haven't got it cleared yet. He can push it much further and higher than our little quad plow. He's such a nice guy, thanks Vic!

Dh got stuck in the driveway this morning in his big work truck. It's a dually and basically a snow weenie, but he got it out and went to work. Hopefully he made it out to the pavement and is not stuck around the first corner...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve I hope you made it out and back from your 8 o'clock appointment. It's kind of wild out there.
Four lanes, traffic light changes to red.

The guy in a 4 wheel drive beside us hit a tree rather than plow into the car waiting at the light!

She sat there staring into her rear view mirror afterwards, probably hoping that he couldn’t get back on the road.

Be advised: he did.

Got to the appointment with minutes to spare. Stopped at store because coffee is running low. Found a robin on the backyard fence after arriving home!

:) Steve

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The weather is still very nice, sunny and feels like spring. Before taking the picture there was a black bird 3 foot from me right on the pavement. Heard it sing while walking back to work ... so nice to hear them again. They are suffering from a virus and died by the thousands last year.

20190214_125652.jpg

Latest posts