Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
they have forecast a bit of snow here for later tonight, i'm with you on the letting nature take care of it because it won't stick anyways. the peas will enjoy some natural precipitation too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There’s even a chance of snow showers here!

I think that we will back out of the dahlia planting, today.

Thought I was lucky predicted low in 30's was 46°f. Still 46° but predicted wind with gusts to 34mph and high of 51 !

Can be busy in backyard where it is more protected and close to warmth.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well CRAP ! Now it is sleeting. And we just got this weather warning.

Issued by the National Weather Service
For Scott County, Iowa
FREEZE WARNING FROM 1AM CDT SUN UNTIL 9AM CDT SUN ...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM CDT SUNDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN QUAD CITIES HAS ISSUED A FREEZE WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM CDT SUNDAY. * TEMPERATURES...MID 20S TO AROUND 30 DEGREES. * TIMING...OVERNIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. * IMPACTS...SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES OVERNIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY MORNING, WILL LIKELY DAMAGE OR KILL PLANTS LEFT OUTSIDE. BRING YOUR PLANTS INDOORS OR COVER THEM FOR PROTECTION. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A FREEZE WARNING MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. THESE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION. COVER SENSITIVE PLANTS OR BRING INDOORS FOR PROTECTION.
So.... the fruit trees that are beginning to bud could be a bust again this year. :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hailed, I suppose that it quickly reached the graupel
stage and barely wet the pavement.

Gusts have been to 43mph. I had to move the 2 hoopies so as not to kill the lawn grass. DW helped with plastic film control ...

It will freeze by tomorrow morning and freeze hard Monday ...

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hailed, I suppose that it quickly reached the graupel
stage and barely wet the pavement.

Gusts have been to 43mph. I had to move the 2 hoopies so as not to kill the lawn grass. DW helped with plastic film control ...

It will freeze by tomorrow morning and freeze hard Monday ...

Steve

Weather here says 27 for low Thursday.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We worked on a big yard project all day and the weather couldn't make up it's mind what it was going to do. Sunshine and calm, then wind, then BIG wind with graupel. It was coming down so thick at one point that it looked like a blizzard. Then calm and sun, then cloudy and windy...chilly too. Had to come in for a hot coffee break at 2. :confused:

Latest posts