Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DF15EFB8-8806-4AAC-B836-DE0810F242A0.jpeg
Oops!

I was wondering how cold hardy Prince's Plume was. Killed the plants right through the plastic film under the little hoopie on the lawn.

Snapdragon and aster were okay. Even the strawflower, fine ... I know strawflower can't take a frost. Poor Prince's Plume ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So much rain that we are thinking about building an Ark.

it sure has been soggy so far here this year too. we get a break this weekend we hope...

are you in much danger of flooding there?

it would be pretty hard to flood us badly here (we do get flash floods at times, but that is not bad because of how i've changed things to deflect the water).

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nights are turning cool. I lit my fire for the first time a couple of days ago.

Got Chestnuts drying in a preserving pan over a trivet so they dont burn- I love them popped in soups and stews but not actually that keen on roasted Chestnuts.
I only foraged one 10 liter bucket this year from a local park, cos I still have some left over from last year and decided not to be so greedy this year.

Hot water cylinder is now switched off til late spring or even early summer if the nights are cool.

Afew things drying out like the stevia leaves for my teas. Lemon verbena for my bath and for teas. Beans are all dried and in jars.

Persimmons are almost ready to bring inside- I wait and watch the birds now. When they start taking an interest in them I know its time to bring them in or I dont/didnt get many.
I'm going to have another go at drying these. Last year I just did the one which was delicious. Hopefully, these will last me over my lean months.

My handmade pasta book just arrived and I am looking forward to experimenting with different types of both pasta and the sauces to go with them.

Latest posts