Weather Where You Are

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary I get up at 5:00 to go to work :(
Even getting up that early for something I love is tough. I'm constently yawing during our warm ups. I would probably go in the evenings if my gym buddy could. Wednesday night we have a lifting class that we love so she makes sure her calendar is cleared so she can leave early to make it. But she can only do that once a week.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has rained so much in the Houston area that last night, several schools were flooded in, students couldn't leave, parents couldn't get to their kids and children stayed overnight at their schools. Still raining.

The rain has arrived here and it will storm and rain all day, all week and next week. There are times that I like our sugar sand and this is one of them. No mud. Sometimes there is water over the roads and we can't get out, but we don't care, we are high and dry.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has rained so much in the Houston area that last night, several schools were flooded in, students couldn't leave, parents couldn't get to their kids and children stayed overnight at their schools. Still raining.

The rain has arrived here and it will storm and rain all day, all week and next week. There are times that I like our sugar sand and this is one of them. No mud. Sometimes there is water over the roads and we can't get out, but we don't care, we are high and dry.

i may gripe about the clay here, and the various other location and drainage issues, but at least when they built they did bring in enough fill to raise the grade of the house enough that the flash flooding is not a serious risk. i really wished they'd brought in a few dozen more yards of fill to raise up the area where the gardens are currently planted too, but that's, erm, water under the bridge, now...

the wider area here is so flat that it would take a rainfall of such extreme duration and heaviness to make me worry. we've been here over 22 years and so far the road has been flooded over once at the corner (i have pics...) and close a few more times, but no risks to the house itself.

i hope the children make it home safe! i'm sure many of them will see it as an adventure. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Forgot to click "post" last night:

"Sat May 11 2019 ...Flash flooding is likely for Texas and Louisiana on Thursday and Friday, with severe weather possible as well...

...Late-season heavy snow is expected for higher elevations of the Central and Southern Rockies... ..

...Record-breaking heat expected for the Pacific Northwest while much below average temperatures settle into the Central/Southern High Plains..."

NWS

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Forgot to click "post" last night:

"Sat May 11 2019 ...Flash flooding is likely for Texas and Louisiana on Thursday and Friday, with severe weather possible as well...

...Late-season heavy snow is expected for higher elevations of the Central and Southern Rockies... ..

...Record-breaking heat expected for the Pacific Northwest while much below average temperatures settle into the Central/Southern High Plains..."

NWS

Steve

late snows and cold in the mountains would be great on top of the extra they've had so far this year.

Latest posts