Weather Where You Are

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
ShinyHugeDarklingbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Still have to bring a couple cords to the upper deck ~ and get the sheet metal roofing over the south deck ~ where the fiberglass decking was taken off ~ work on it tomorrow ```

We had the first fire of the season Wednesday night. And tonight, the second. :)
Not strictly necessary as it's not cold out, just cool, but I like how cheerful a fire makes a gloomy day.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
While the Gulf Coast got pounded, we are still on a BURN BAN. The town of Winnie got 42 INCHES of rain! Scarcely 175 miles away, highways closed going into Houston because of flooding. Interstate 10 closed, it was a mess. We got, over 3 days time, a bare 3/4" of rain. It did cool off, from the high 90's to the low 90's, so that is nice. We are just fine, even when we get deluge of rain here, we are high and dry.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They keep promising the weather will break here, but it has yet to happen. It is still getting very hot in the afternoons and evenings but the humidity is starting to drop, and the highs are now in the 80s. Lots of rain in the extended forecast, and a few days in the seventies. Looks like fall will be late this year, summer is still hanging in there. It is time for me to put on my big girl panties and go out and work anyway. I go on vacation in two weeks and I don't want to spend it all gardening!

I am so jealous of your snow, Valley Ranch!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
raining buckets this morning... temperature supposed to be back to more reasonable/seasonable mid-70s. mid-80s is ok, but not good for working hard, i'm just barely acclimated to it but a few hours still does me in so i have to get a break in.

the forecast this week is mixed. some sunshine, some chances of rain. no frost in the forecast yet. that's the main thing i look for this time of the year as i want to get some things picked before the frost gets them.

the forecasts have been really bad this year. i can't plan much around them. once again the longer range forecast for this week said sunshine or clear weather several days in a row - two days ago. now it is saying mixed. this is like the third or fourth week in a row it has done that. when you are trying to work on projects that need to dry out enough and also get beans picked which you want to be dry... well it's a fun dance when the forecast changes right when you've made plans one way and then have to scramble to get things done the other...

with the rain this morning that cancelled the project we were going to do for some friends today. it takes about an hour to drive there and the truck is loaded and ready to go. will also cancel the picnic.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoa! That animated radar map is intimidating!

WS says morning temperatures here in the 30's by the end of the week. We shall see. They had made today sound kinda bad a few days ago with deteriorating Saturday afternoon weather. It seems that the turn is about 24 hours later and not quite as bad.

Something that has been going on is that the east side of the Cascades has been getting good rainstorms. This really helps that area that suffered so much from fires a few years ago. That storm pattern may continue.

Steve

Latest posts