Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
They had an evacuation in Crockett which is near Benica. That’s about 30 minutes from me. But evacuation has since been lifted. It is super windy today but we still can’t smell the smoke or seen ash.

Mary

i'm glad you are safe! :) i would not deal well with smoke in the air...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
There have been several small fires around the bay area. One was in Lafayette which is about 20 minutes from me.

My daughter who lives in Sacramento had to go back a different way because Hwy 80 was closed due to another fire. Well they ended up closing the only other freeway she could use and she got stuck in the Lafayette area. She was almost running out of gas, PGE had turned off the power so everything was dark and gas stations were not operating. She fortunately still could use her cell phone and was talking to my husband about which was the best way to get out of there! She ended up going north to Berkeley where she found an open gas station and was able to return home. She said it was hard to see because of the smoke and the darkness and was pretty scary. Glad she was safe but it gave her a better perspective of what those in the big fires are going through.

This morning as I left to go to the gym the smoke here in Alameda was pretty bad. Will keep the kids inside for today.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like we got almost 2 inches of snow overnight, more in the forecast for tonight (another 1 -2 inches) then 3- 5 MORE for Halloween!!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have snow, @Carol Dee , and @ducks4you is setting out Brussels sprouts?

Okay, I understand that they will be protected. And, I'm the guy who seldom has garlic in the garden and has yet to drop a single spinach seed to overwinter a plant. Still! What was it? My temporary hoophouse, set up in March, has collapsed 3 different times under snow!

We had 40mph wind gusts and graupel, yesterday afternoon. There may be snow on the ground but it's dark out there right now! (When will this infernal Daylight Savings time end 😒?) Understand that the temperature is well into the teens Fahrenheit ...

Steve 🧦

Latest posts