Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was sunny, but also very windy, i just could not get enough oomph together to get outside to fight the wind and instead was inside reading and taking a break for the day. now we have three days in the forecast of no rain and not too windy so i should be able to get some more gardens put up for winter. i need to check at least one garden for any beans i might want to save each day so that those can then be done too. other than that we've had scattered rains. the dreaded 4 letter word is in the forecast for next week for the first time. i don't really dread it...

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Its finally cool here with little frost most mornings. I'm sure I won't be excited by February but we had such dry and hot summer that I was looking forward to cold weather. We also had couple of good rains and more is in the forecast for this weekend. It's also pleasant weather to do garden work and not have sweat just drip off your face.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its finally cool here with little frost most mornings. I'm sure I won't be excited by February but we had such dry and hot summer that I was looking forward to cold weather. We also had couple of good rains and more is in the forecast for this weekend. It's also pleasant weather to do garden work and not have sweat just drip off your face.

yes! though the other day it got into the mid-60s and it was sunny and not very windy so i was sweating more than i expected - knowing what is coming i wasn't upset by that at all. today i will have fewer layers on and it is cooler. soon to get out there i think it is warm enough now. hope you have a good and productive day/weekend in the gardens. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ugh we're having another little heat wave. Should be back to normal by Sunday.

Mary
What?

No smoke from the north? Looks bad on the news. Even the National Weather Service news with both the fire and the smoke showing up in satellite images.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
What?

No smoke from the north? Looks bad on the news. Even the National Weather Service news with both the fire and the smoke showing up in satellite images.

Steve
Still can't smell smoke. Maybe it hasn't traveled that far towards us yet. Was just there last weekend. PGE had just shut the power off for 3 days and businesses were hurting. A friend's daughter was having her wedding there and talk about stress. The power came on that morning and the show went on.

This weekend is our anniversary and I wanted to go up to Napa to see fall foliage. Guess that won't happen.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I went out to feed it was lightly sprinkling, then lightly sleeting, then graupeling
(which is just a fancy word for sleet but sounds more serious) and finally it was snowing.
It still is, just a little calmer and tiny flakes. I'm hopeful I can still sneak a ride in over at the park later.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I went out to feed it was lightly sprinkling, then lightly sleeting, then graupeling
(which is just a fancy word for sleet but sounds more serious) and finally it was snowing.
It still is, just a little calmer and tiny flakes. I'm hopeful I can still sneak a ride in over at the park later.
A ride in the falling snow would be peaceful and pretty.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A ride in the falling snow would be peaceful and pretty.

Well, the sun is shining in a clear blue sky right now! DH and I just got back from a mtn. bike ride. We rarely ride together anymore, because in the same amount of time I can work a horse (my preference). But it makes him so happy when I join him.
There's still time to get over to the park and I'm all hitched up. Taking Syringa for a stroll probably.

Latest posts