Weather Where You Are

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
at 8:40 a.m., its 53 in San Jose CA. Leaving today to go back to Southern Oregon, where at home I see its 36 right now. I sure miss this Mediterranean weather.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a pretty snow, but that's SNOW! I'm in the minority, I know, but I love winter, love the snow. Yes, I've had to drive on icy, bad roads all my life~one time the snows buried our whole house~but I still love it.

That's one reason I live where I live. I love our falls and winters.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish - yall ok after the storm passed?

yup we are okay ,michael sure did some major damage all over the piedmont, triangle,charlotte areas pretty much a large portion of the eastern state, left work at 3pm that was one terrifying ride home winds of 40-50 mph, trees in the interstate tractor trailers flipped over both sides of the interstate. looked like a war zone once we got off the interstate onto us-158 every side street had trees blocking them, powerlines down a giant oak fell smack in into the middle of a small substation,amazing enough athens rd clear as a bell, we turned down my road everyone had a tree or two down. we drove down to the house, my friend finally got to witness our flooding it was very impressive looked at the front of the house looked like it was painted camouflaged it was covered with leafs.

he left walked into the house holy crap we have power, asked the dw you did fill the bathtub, uhhh no honey we are going to loss power!!! started to walk into the bathroom bam the power goes out, gave her a dirty look grrrrrr. grabbed a couple buckets and went to the drainage ditch and filled them, toted 2 buckets per bathrooms in, at that point decided to look over the property no damage to the roof that was a relief, walked around the rest was thinking the worst wow only one tree down on the property. the pippin apple tree was down all i can say is boo hoo been wanting to remove it ,so now i have apple wood for the smoker...
IMG_2682.JPG

walked over to where all the water drains crap that was amazing it washed out another 15-20 feet
IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG
IMG_2680.JPG

the power came back on around 9pm, we were one of the lucky ones, looked at the duke power outage map this morning there are area they say will not have power till tuesday..
my friend picked me up friday he is not one of the lucky ones, got to work holy crap they have power, rats both of us were hoping for a day off... got home and all you could here was chainsaws.

this morning dw and went to breakfast huddle house to the north of us no power, drove down to greensboro to carolina diner usually they are not busy at this time,nope not today full of linemen, still a wonderful breakfast. was able to see the damage on the way home on us-68 wow it's going to be a while till they get all the down trees up along the road, couple dangerous hangers just waiting to come down, told the dw to use I-73 for a bit..

needless to say spent most of the morning picking up branches and making piles.

needless to say michael was way more damaging than florence..... really hope this was the last major hurricane for the season....

forgot to mention with the winds we were having the weather station could not register any rainfall, but my friday said he got almost 5"

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
for the first time since early spring we were able to sleep with our windows open 45* oh that was pure heaven...looking forward to tonight as well..

hate to say this but thank you...you dang yankees for sending this cool weather to us we need it after dealing with all that extreme heat from those dang south americans.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
for the first time since early spring we were able to sleep with our windows open 45* oh that was pure heaven...looking forward to tonight as well..

hate to say this but thank you...you dang yankees for sending this cool weather to us we need it after dealing with all that extreme heat from those dang south americans.
WOW, so glad you only got minimal damage and a short power outage. Hopefully you stayed DRY Inside the house ;)

Latest posts