Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, it's gonna rain where you are this weekend ~ and snow in the mountains ```

i'm hoping so VR for your sake to get some more moisture up there for the water supply to the state. it's been too dry for too long there the past few months. the upper CO river snow pack is hanging around average i'd love to see that get a few good bumps from the Pineapple Express too before this winter/rainy season is over too!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter is coming back 🌬 🌨🧙‍♂️!

I fully expect snow tomorrow morning. Checked with Environment Canada in southern BC. They are in agreement with USNOAA and Canada is where our storm is coming from. 4cm of snow, 40kph wind gusts, and temperatures about -8°C.

That fits with what I expect for tomorrow: a blanket of snow, lots of wind, and temperatures in the teens, F. In fact, with such a warm start to winter, we may have our coldest morning on Sunday. Good weekend to stay home and look out the window :).

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
i'm hoping so VR for your sake to get some more moisture up there for the water supply to the state. it's been too dry for too long there the past few months. the upper CO river snow pack is hanging around average i'd love to see that get a few good bumps from the Pineapple Express too before this winter/rainy season is over too!

The weather man says: might get a good bit ~ not sure what that means ~ haven't had a 4' dump this season ```

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Canada is where our storm is coming from
I was wrong about the direction of the storm ... from the SW, as per usual.

It's just that it's *meeting* all this cold north wind - right here!

Visibility was a mile or less because of blowing snow and wind-chill was near zeroF when I got up this morning.

digitS' brrrrr

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Visibility was a mile or less because of blowing snow and wind-chill was near zeroF when I got up this morning.

digitS' brrrrr

that's called hunker down weather! :)

today it is cool and cloudy. gotta run some errands, not looking forwards to it...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

digitS' brrrrr

Looking out the window this morning it didn't look like much accumulation due to the wind. But it was drifted up about 2' against the east facing front door, and the open area out by the horses had a good 3" even with all the blowing. The house shuddered at 2 a.m. and woke me. Weird to hear that the weather is coming from the SW. The north wind is definitely making the temps plunge.

Because of the huge drop in temperatures from the latest weather, I gave the horses an extra helping of alfalfa in their shelters, and added an extra blanket on old Luke. Syringa the mustang is fine, no shivering at all, but she looks like an appaloosa right now with all the frozen snow on her rump and back. She doesn't hang out in her shelter ever, she would rather be out where she can keep an eye on things. But I feed her in there anyway so she can get a little relief from the wind. She just grabs a mouthful, comes out and chews in the open. Funny horse.

Latest posts