Weather Where You Are

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been a little chilly and partly cloudy but it's going to warm up for this weekend. Then rain next week. Our rain has been very light and I'm worried with all the water people are using to wash their hands with. I'm sure people are not shutting the faucet off while they scrub their hands prior to rinsing.

I'm debating whether to go to the grocery store or not. Chicken thighs are on sale and there is a $5 off spend $25 coupon. We don't have any chicken but do have meat to last us at least another week and plenty of beans too. I don't shop at Whole Foods but they are allowing the first hour for seniors to shop. Waiting for my local Safeway to do that.

Mary

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was cold and rainy here this morning, I started a small fire in the fireplace to take the chill off the house. The temp has steadily rose all day, we are supposed to get storms tonight.

Mary if you are going to the store just for an item on sale and it will upset you if it isn't there, don't go. Grocery stores are wiped out and the employees are stressed out. At least locally it is going to take close to two weeks for the supply chain to catch up and move food from the producers through the warehouses and into the stores. Everything that comes in is spotty, and now people are hoarding supplies because when we get eggs, we only get two cases out of the ten we ordered...or enough bread to fill one shelf out of the six empty ones.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was cold and rainy here this morning, I started a small fire in the fireplace to take the chill off the house. The temp has steadily rose all day, we are supposed to get storms tonight.

Mary if you are going to the store just for an item on sale and it will upset you if it isn't there, don't go. Grocery stores are wiped out and the employees are stressed out. At least locally it is going to take close to two weeks for the supply chain to catch up and move food from the producers through the warehouses and into the stores. Everything that comes in is spotty, and now people are hoarding supplies because when we get eggs, we only get two cases out of the ten we ordered...or enough bread to fill one shelf out of the six empty ones.

i think our local towns are pretty calm and i've not heard of any reports of the local stores not having anything, but i haven't been to any of the food stores recently. Mom will probably visit her shut in friend next week and they can be shut in together for the afternoon. she says she will just stop and the local store since it was ok the last time she was in there for milk and bananas.

i don't feel or see anything different other than a notable change in how much less traffic there is on the roads.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
brrr!

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 35. Northeast wind around 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 14. Northeast wind around 8 mph.

this is a bit unusual for it to be this cold this time of the season. sure we do get snow this late but to have it get down into the mid-teens isn't very often, kinda a reverse of the season start where we had those really cold temperatures and then it was fairly mild... hmm...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought that we might have a sunrise today without frost. Didn't quite make it, 30°f.

This would have been the first morning like that after a clear night. We have had some frost-free times but they were during cloudy weather.

We need some rain, I suppose. Well, of course we do -- there has only been just over 1/3rd of an inch of March precipitation, after 3/4" in February. Storm clouds are supposed to move in tomorrow but it doesn't look like much. It might be a disappointment for the seedlings here in the South Window but I have some larger plants to move to 4-packs in the greenhouse. They could benefit from a little less intense sunlight for a few days.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
2.9 inches snow yesterday. It ws predicted for less than an inch! At least it will be gone soon. 40 degrees today and maybe rain Tuesday.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We officially hit 89 yesterday at the airport, our official location. The previous record high was 84 so we busted the record by 5 degrees. I think I was a couple of degrees lower over here. I was outside in the middle of the afternoon, it wasn't that bad.

The question for today is will we hit 90? The earliest we've ever hit 90 was well into April, April 11 if I remember right from last might's forecast.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
80’s.. t short and bare foot. Life is good? I went outside bare foot this AM at 50 degrees and thought spring is coming....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that we have the cool weather to send your way.

It was 28°f when I went out to bump up the greenhouse heat, a little. 8 mph breeze which put windchill at 22°. A few flakes of snow were falling. Yesterday morning, there was snow on the ground.

I had to check the backyard water that I had left on ... even knowing that it might be 28°. I hadn't expected the breeze. No problem the pipe exits the basement and runs about 15 under the deck. I've never known what temperature that it would take to freeze.

Steve
in Stanley Idaho it's 10° after an overnight low of 6°

Latest posts