Weather Where You Are

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We seemed to have already had our summer here, it's been grey and cloudy for the past few day's apart from being bright and sunny at early hours of this morning. Waking up so early is making me wonder if I'm human or maybe a bird, next I'll be laying eggs with my receptors being alert for so many hours 🐓

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has it not been an oddly cold and long spring? It certainly has here.

no, but the weather certainly has been all over the range, even recently 30F degree swings within a few days, back and forth, we're just going through another. hard to believe that it is almost the summer solstice already.

the difference this year so far is that June has actually been sunny. for a few years it was nothing but cloudy for most of the month. almost everything that is growing and surviving is doing well.

whatever rains we have have been coming all at once in very hard downpours. i think the most recent one took out two of the three melon plants i had sprouted (unless they can heal from the damage, but i don't think they will :( ).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ flowerbug The same here, changing seasons all in 24 hours, all except snow

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's raining here today with grey clouds overhead. Will dash out soon to tuck my girls in for the night 🐣

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
ALREADY hot and steamy here. Good news! DH bought a DeWalt battery for several DeWalt tools. It is interchangeable. He suggested that a buy a decent battery powered reciprocating saw.
Yes, I know y'all thought I was against battery operated stuff. Not against them, just preFER the ones that plug in, vs those with batteries or run on gasoline.
I like caramels, not chocolate, but I will down a Hershey bar on occasion.
Get it?
I will still keep my cheapo RS for weeds until it dies, and I buy another $20 one.
I wear the worst clothes for outdoor chores, and I will use the worst tools for dirty and crummy jobs to save my good ones.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful weather here - at least for another day and with predictions of somewhat cloudy weekend but with warm temperatures (afternoons in the high 70's Fahrenheit). Warmer! Next week.

@ducks4you , I had the reciprocating saw out yesterday, cutting up some useless garden stakes for the garbage can. My power tools are all olde ... like me :). Well, not that olde, although I have a tape measure of Dad's that has been around as long as I can remember.

Building a new crib for those stakes and using drills with dang near wrecked chucks. I don't like to change bits, I mean - I have sandpaper rolled inside one chuck to better hold the bit - hey, it works! If'n I had daily use for these things, I'd buy something new.

About 5 years ago, I decided my weedwhacker was on its last legs. Bought a new one but the other continued to serve. Loaned the new one to DD, which means that I never saw it again. You know, that is how it works with kids ;).

Finally FINALLY, the Troy Built weedwhacker quit but I'd used it an additional 5 years, + - !

I'm curious what @so lucky bought in the way of a trimmer after asking what our recommendations were. I said that I had bought several gas powered ones but really did a better job with the electric. I just bought another electric (wired). It's a relief not to have that heavy, smelly, noisy gas thing to carry around. It has taken me about 3 mowings to regain the habits of using the electric but yes - I'm doing it better :).

Steve