Weather Where You Are

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
On and off rains all night. Some with thunder. No real amounts. But enough to make everything too wet to rake or dig. And today is to be nice and warm in the mid 70's.
The same system is rolling (and thundering) through here now. We didn't get anywhere near as warm though, only mid-40's. Hard to believe sometimes how much difference a couple hundred miles can make.

EDIT: The Rain Train is back! :thOff-and-on thunder has turned into a continuous storm, been raining for 6 hours already. The front remains stationary, has intensified, and remains zeroed-in on my area. Safe to say our long dry spell is over.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've had way too much rain lately. this current band of storms just went through and there is more coming behind it. managed to get a few things done just in time, there was some thunder, the power flickered a few times, took out the internet connection for a bit, heavy wind and then rains came sheeting down.

now a break in the clouds before the next round.

going to go from the mid 60s to the mid 40s. bleh.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We eventually got 2 1/4 inches in fits and bursts, Nothing real heavy. Was mid 70's yesterday. Today 30 degrees cooler!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowing. Took a wheelbarrow of rabbit manure to garden and got it spread. Moved firewood to the porch. Going to go back out and give rabbits some new straw. They had ice on their water bowls this morning first time. Got a fire going, put a pot of beans on, and see how much snow we get.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rain has finally moved on, but not before dropping 6" of rain... maybe more, to judge by my uncalibrated rain gauge.
20201023_154217.jpg

My basement is wet for the first time this year, but fortunately the sump pump is keeping it from flooding.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's pretty soggy outside here now too it's rained quite a few times today. nothing else getting done.

my friends who usually bring me their leaves from the yard asked me today if i wanted any and i had to say no as i'm so far behind in getting gardens put up for winter i need to make sure i get the gardens done before taking on any other projects.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Several overnight low records for the day in the vicinity. It was 15°f here but almost doesn't count for a morning low since it was about 12:01 AM and was 21° by the time I made it out to the lazyboy. Quite hazy, which disappointed me when I went out to view the stars - what stars?!

The BIG US news may be Hurricane Zeta! Yet again - and as early as Wednesday morning - this storm may be hitting the US Gulf Coast. The Weather Service is not predicting that it will be coming ashore on the southeast Louisiana coast at Lake Charles again, however. Instead, it should be further east.

How is this happening again and again? The tropical storm name list was depleted, they went thru the Greek alphabet. Maybe after Zeta they can just make up some odd spellings of names like "Aliviyah." Or, give up on names and go with emojis!

:oops: Steve 😨

Latest posts