Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's getting dark around 4pm, so our winter is upon us.
Do we remember when Marie was complaining that long hours of daylight were keeping her from having enough sleep ;)???

This is the reality of northern latitudes. Long summer days and Long winter nights - with rapid changes between. I wonder if it is easy for many of the folks in the lower latitudes to understand.

wearing a hat does help. :)
I wear a hat for nearly every outdoor step, 12 months of the year. It's a minor habit to help protect me from the harmful effects of sunlight. And, even more than wearing socks, it really helps with staying warm. In fact, shoes with heavy socks, a warm hat, and heavy gloves take you more than half way to warm comfort in the cold.

Steve
🤭

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do we remember when Marie was complaining that long hours of daylight were keeping her from having enough sleep ;)???

This is the reality of northern latitudes. Long summer days and Long winter nights - with rapid changes between. I wonder if it is easy for many of the folks in the lower latitudes to understand.

I wear a hat for nearly every outdoor step, 12 months of the year. It's a minor habit to help protect me from the harmful effects of sunlight. And, even more than wearing socks, it really helps with staying warm. In fact, shoes with heavy socks, a warm hat, and heavy gloves take you more than half way to warm comfort in the cold.

Steve
🤭
Doesn't time fly, we are into winter here yet again. Contradicting what I've just said, I feel like I've been here forever.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Steve
🤭
No such problems with sleep anymore Steve. I sometimes wake up a little too early but always catch up somehow ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve
🤭

i always wear a hat outside too, i try to get my 15 minutes of sunshine here or there but not during the middle of the day.

as long as the shoes and socks are not too tight. i learned that up north. :)

we are soon around the corner on the shortest day of the year here so @Trish Stretton can start sending out daylight back to us. :) i hope it has been a nice summer down there with enough rains?

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Summer may have finally arrived.
There has been alot more rain than usual but with being so windy, the ground dries out quickly.
Mornings are still quite cool and usually overcast. Today is like that so far-8.15am. I'm not sure if its going to rain or not but will probably have to water the beds either today or tomorrow if it doesnt.