Weather

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Schools have never closed due to cold here, just for snow. They are saying -14 tonight, high of 5 tomorrow. It is the wind that makes it miserable. The kids haven't been out for recess all week and they are acting crazy!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We saw a bit of sun today!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just gat a call from my supervisor. We are going in at usual time! going to be COLD out there. Actually talking -14 overnight. Then warming to 12 by noon!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I ran into a few snow squalls earlier today on my way to get tires on my car. Talk about freaky.... actually white out conditions :eek: pretty creepy for someone who doesn't do a lot of driving in the snow. MontyJ usually does the driving.. but he's out of town and I had to work.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful house and nice snow, @NwMtGardener ! Just a little crunchy snow here.
We're at -21 right now, high of 2 predicted. I hope we get a little peek of the sun before it clouds up. Otherwise, my chickens will be miserable.
The good news, no below zero temperatures predicted for the foreseeable future.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Supposed to be 70 today! Then going down back to low 60s during the week.

I can't even imagine what -31 feels like. :(

Mary

You really don't want to know what it feels like Mary.
The extreme cold, ice and snow is so much worse for those not used to it or prepared for it. Thankfully I don't have to be out in it as much now.

They changed how they measure/calculate wind chill about 15 years ago. -31 would have been about -60 back then ...your skin will freeze in about 30 minutes if it isn't covered. But hey, I can freeze a banana outside and use it as a hammer. :D

We have a ground blizzard going on now. -10°tonight. Bundle up and drive safe, and slow!

Latest posts