Weather

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got that storm yesterday, but the worst of it was south of us. Since we couldn't go outside to play, we went to Tyler and went to Atwoods. We went to the grocery store, ran errands and got wet. Glad you came through the storm ok.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
Thanks @baymule, as I'm sure you know that's an often occurrence here! Just one of the many things Mother Nature gives us down here!
Yep, rainy days are good to get errands done! It's raining again so I can't be out again, ugh why do I like yard work more than housework? Hahahahaha

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg
Ugh, with the humidity feels like 92 today!
Yes I will be complaining all summer! Am not a heat lover at all!!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No work in the garden today, except watering of course!!
The temp was about 91 & humid...ugh
So I worked on getting my house painting finished, at least the back yard is shaded by the trees! Although I still feel like I sweated out a couple gallons Hahahahaha

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are some stats to cool you down, Coco25:

The high was 56°f Monday afternoon, the coolest it's been in May. It seemed like a big cool-down because the weather was so much warmer earlier in the month. The temperature yesterday afternoon was 67° and that is right at normal, even if it still felt cool. Okay, I guess it was. At least the air was calm.

Haven't had to worry about overnight frosts, lately. It was 47° when I drug myself out of bed this morning. There is no warm-up in the immediate forecast. My eggplant and melons are not happy.

Steve
who suggests following the weather in this community several hundred miles away for those days when your heat and humidity are dragging you down: Stanley :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are abruptly into summer this week as well....gonna be hot and muggy, which I hate. I'm a cool weather fan, so when it was frosting the garden last week I wasn't too dismayed....frost and cool I love and can deal with. Hot and humid makes me wilt like a daisy out of water.

Latest posts