Weather

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No work in the garden today, except watering of course!!
The temp was about 91 & humid...ugh
So I worked on getting my house painting finished, at least the back yard is shaded by the trees! Although I still feel like I sweated out a couple gallons Hahahahaha
NOT the way to spend your birthday (although I have done much the same). You need to be pampered and attended to. Bring your drinks and wield the fan and such. I sure hope you get out for a good meal later today, at least.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Supposed to be rain off and on all long weekend. Too bad for all the folks that have their wares set out for the 100 mile yard sale. I reeaally need to get newspaper and straw down on the rest of the garden, but I have been low energy and achy lately. :\

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was out to see the big garden, yesterday. Right. The melons and eggplants are not happy. I should have included the peppers and tomatoes in the misery companions. I'm hardening off 2 more Jelly Bean tomatoes to replace those injured by wind. Another was killed but already replaced. The poor peppers - they look terrible.

Melons, fortunately, look exactly as they did when set out. The Galia melons just seem to have some genetic hardiness to cold weather. I didn't say frost but I used to have melons that died during long stretches of cool, cloudy, windy days.

The eggplant looked like a row of stiff old men lined up on a sidewalk, waiting for the bus to take them home from the bingo parlor ...... Oh! The pumpkins are growing!

Steve
WS:
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Yay!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The eggplant looked like a row of stiff old men lined up on a sidewalk, waiting for the bus to take them home from the bingo parlor ...... Oh! The pumpkins are growing!

Steve
WS:
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Yay!

I heard the heat is on the way next week. That will be nice for the garden.

Your poor eggplants. I pictured them so distinctly waiting for the bus, haha, great imagery Steve!

Latest posts