Weekend Guests Want To Make Pumpkin Pie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quite the fruit cake on the Great British Bake Off. link

Finish it to look like a tennis court. I doubt if it would have any special shelf-life, as is some of the intent for the classic, holiday fruit cake.

We probably should realize that there is an individual ability to digest most any of these foods that might have had their origins in their ability to stay "fresh" in the household larder for months.

Yesterday, I was listening to someone express surprise that her boyfriend couldn't eat dill pickles in a hamburger. Well, I'd much prefer to have a dill gherkin on the side than a sweet pickle. If the flavor will stay with me for several hours, dill over cloves is preferred.

And, here I really like a Reuben sandwich but it's, "Steve, you really better get about half of the sauerkraut out of that thing and leave it on your plate or you're gonna be sorry!"

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Didn't look at the rest of the posts, BUT it takes one small pie pumpkin as they are labeled at the grocer store, to make one pumpkin pie, with a little left over. SOME of the pumpkins that we grow are actually squash crosses, but I think that they make a good pie, too. I still have 3 huge Halloween-ween pumpkins in the garage to broil down for pies. Hope to get to them soon.
This is MY favorite pie and I think, being a big pie maker, pumpkin pie is the healthiest pie.
Still like to use one can of pumpkin and one can of sweetened condensed milk (plus the spices and eggs) to make pumpkin pies. People who don't like pumpkin pie tell me that they like THIS recipe.

Latest posts