Weekend Guests Want To Make Pumpkin Pie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does remind me a little of a friend :).

He becomes inspired now and then, to bake and deliver the goods as gifts. From conversations with others, there is universal opinion that he must not eat his own cooking. His gifts have been frequent enough that some people won't either!

His enthusiasm leads him to use "everything on the spice shelf," he admits with joy and enthusiasm. I imagine that he figures that if the flavors are appreciated, they should all be appreciated together and in generous measure! I also believe that he doesn't realize the work involved in cooking, just stand back and toss in a great number of ingredients, shove it in the oven and call it done!

It disappoints me that his gifts are universally tossed. I once talked to him about my thinking on exploring food, in fact, pretty much the opposite of his "everything on the shelf."

I don't want precision; I want simplicity! And, I also mentioned how little of some things like cloves for example are needed to add lots of flavor. .... It might be that the impression I left him with was that I'm stingy ... Oh well. At least, I'm willing to stir ;).

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When i went to Martha's Christmas party, a large room was just table after table of desserts. Behind the tables waiting where waiters to help you with any thing you might need. In the middle of one table was a fruit cake, I very softly whispered in my friend Kristine's ear "does anyone actually like fruitcake. A young man at end of table said as you can see not one piece has been taken. I could not believe the hearing this young man had.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister makes a 'poor man's fruitcake'. I don't know the whole recipe but it involves taking a box of graham crackers, cutting the box like a cigar box and lining with foil, then crushing all the crackers, lots of butter, nuts and fruit.... pour it all back into the foil lined box and chill. I've seen people stop talking to each other over missing pieces of this super sweet stuff.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When i went to Martha's Christmas party, a large room was just table after table of desserts. Behind the tables waiting where waiters to help you with any thing you might need. In the middle of one table was a fruit cake, I very softly whispered in my friend Kristine's ear "does anyone actually like fruitcake. A young man at end of table said as you can see not one piece has been taken. I could not believe the hearing this young man had.
So when the ultra rich have a party, who gets the leftovers? Surely the ultra rich do not stoop to the plebian habit of leftovers!

Latest posts