What animals are you Gardening with?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I garden with my quails and pheasants, their useful whenever i find a grub or other bad bug.

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I garden with ducks, or maybe without ducks now. I have fenced them out! But still use their great "poo" water (that sounds SO disgusting!).

6255_ducks_wanting_in_the_garden_1.jpg

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are my chicken helpers. We let them out in the evening to dig for bugs and eat up the strawberry leaves and dig around the compost piles.
5558_372.jpg

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Right now I garden with chickens (50), geese(2), dogs-2 Aussies, a golden ret and a mini schnauzer, 3 cats keep tabs on the herb garden and my Amazon parrot and my cockatoo talk to me when they are out in their cages with me in the garden. We are hopeing to add Bobwhite Quail to the group in a natural setting type aviary. The water from the goose pools and my aquariums do wonders for my trees and of course the never ending supply of chicken waste keeps the compost pile happy.
wifezilla, those babies are so cute!

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wifezilla, since you gave me some seeds for some cool greens which I'm sure they will munch on the fall crop consider yourself like a official quail auntie or something :gig

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
we have chickens, ducks, guineas, horses and goats, I love having the poo and bedding from all for compost. The birds we have also make great bug eaters too, but their scratching and dusting can be a pain and down right terrible when it is in amongst freshly planted plants.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, we have 3 horses (I hear you can dry then burn thir poo to make awesome fertilizer...my next project) 2 dogs that protect the yard and chickens, 3 adult hens and now 10 baby chicks :D and one big fat angry cat.

The dogs are St. Bernards so if I get lost in my garden they will rescue me. :gig

The cat likes to follow me and use me to keep him entertained. He loves to lay right on top of the area I am working on in the garden. I don't think rolling around like Jaba the Hut in between the rows of carrots and peas is considered helping. :/

The chickens well, well the poop is priceless and they are great at weeding around the trees and bushes. (The chicks are still in the kitchen. :) )

Latest posts