What animals are you Gardening with?

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight, great photo!! I have a bird bath just like that, I need to put some decor in it like yours!

I have two big hairy St. Bernards that muck the birdbaths up, so can I borrow your dog to clean out my birdbaths? :lol:

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had some more "help" today..

1003069.jpg

1003071.jpg

1003073t.jpg

1003076h.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such beautiful pics!!! You all take such good photos.....must be better cameras than I possess, as mine all come out blurry or my animals are moving away each time. :/

The animals I am gardening with are horse and sheep manure, wonderfully composted with hay and woodchips.

The animals I am gardening without this year are:

My vegetable stealing dog! :rant

My huge hole diggin' other dog! :somad

My ever livin' scratchin' flock of chickens! :tongue

My cow, calf and two sheep. :)

All have been banned from the garden this year after heavy losses by the dogs and chickens last year.

I now have chicken wire and 2 strands of electric around the garden---not for the innocent deer---but for my guilty dogs!!! :/

Should have went with ducks....... :rolleyes: :bee

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
must be better cameras than I possess, as mine all come out blurry or my animals are moving away each time
I had to put my camera on sport setting to get these. There were an equal number of bad blurry ones, but that is what the delete button is for! :D

Lovechooks

Sprout
Reaction score
We have about 14 chooks, a Golden Retriever a Canary and some goldfish.

The dog gardens with me and lies by my side as I weed. The chooks poo is used as manure and for the compost bin and the worm farm.

applefalls

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I came here from BYC because I wanted to learn how to use my chickens in the garden. I'm learning so much here already and I only joined TEG this morning!
I have eight sweet chickens (well, actually two of them aint so sweet!) and I'm eager to find out how other gardeners compost the droppings.
Here they are in their run.
6452_030.jpg

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there :D

Since I have ducks and live in Colorado, I seem to be able to use my duck compost a LOT quicker than chicken owners. I put stuff on the flower beds right from the hutch. I use deep litter with pine shavings.

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Im using chickens. although I am very new to all of this. I have just been adding all the shavings and poo to the compost bin. think I'll get to use it in the spring. :tools

get the spoiled dog on 3.
6415_may_misc_299.jpg

chicken butts...
6415_may_misc_005.jpg

Latest posts