What are you canning now?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you're looking for 'roasted' from a counter top gadget, get one of those rotisserie thingies.
Mine is OLD and looks a bit like this
th

.. always seem a little odd watching it slowly twirl around in there standing up.. like it's taking a shower or something :gig

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
TOTALLY!!! It was pretty rough when we were gutting and such.. but I thought that it was so bad because I was right there.
When I stepped in the door a few hours later and got hit with that smell.. :sick:sick

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner

it's not just the fresh meat smell that is rough, but also the smell of the grease on things. some people would never notice it. if you've been a vegetarian for a while and have a sensitive nose you probably would.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters ah, ok, i thought the issue was more to do with a health concern as if the scraps would be infectious... chickens are not all that picky from what i know and have gizzards and grit to deal with bone bits.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Feeding animal parts back to the same species became a bit taboo since 'mad cow' became so infamous.
I don't feed raw meat or eggs to the flock because I don't want to give them the idea that eggs are tasty or to make them any more 'blood thirsty' than they already are naturally. I have no problem giving them cooked eggs (scramble up shells and all when I have some that get older than I want to deal with) and cooked meat of any kind is fair game.

Latest posts