What are you canning?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plums I canned Saturday. I used the cold pack method so there is a lot of juice. I'm canning a batch of strawberries right now to free up some freezer space. I canned a lot of strawberry preserves but everyone keeps wanting some so I may need to make some more. View attachment 20050

You're so productive Icertuche!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did some ''Roasted Salsa Verde' as the tomatillos are really producing well. We are big fans of Mexican cooking...

salsa_verde_2-jpg.20071

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We bought a half bushel of peaches yesterday. I canned 7 pints of sliced peaches. I peeled the peaches and boiled the skins for some rich red juice. I canned jam and jelly, colored red by the peelings juice.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A trick I've learned for jelly is to first strain the pulp through a wire mesh strainer. That removes most of the pulp and lets the liquid through pretty quickly. When I put that liquid through a jelly bag it takes a lot less time to strain it.

When I make plum or peach jelly I save the pulp (that means I peel the peaches and remove the pits if both) and use that for chutney. Since the liquid has been strained out, it doesn't take long to cook the chutney down. I've got some persimmon frozen from last fall. I'll add that to the peached and plums for this year's chutney.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually just strain through a strainer and forgo the cloth. I don't care if it's that clear.

Latest posts