What are you eating from the garden today?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lunch was chicken soup with celery root, carrots and onions from the garden. Those veggies have been around here at home for awhile.

This afternoon, we made a run to the big veggie garden! Cleanup work was finished sufficiently for the tractor guy to get in there over two weeks ago but he hasn't been there, yet. I finished the little veggie garden yesterday and carried off some things for the kitchen last week - like more of those carrots.

Out in the big veggie garden we found that the weak sister cabbage plants had formed heads so we got a full bucket although none were bigger than about two fist size. Found some cilantro and took more kale leaves. The bunching onions too small to amount to anything 2 weeks ago had done the most growing - got half a supermarket bag of those!

And dill ! I still haven't tried @Larisa 's tomato soup with dill so I'm gonna get diced onions in some hot oil and start on that for dinner! My green tomatoes from two weeks ago are mostly red ... and pink, and yellow, and orange! Not much time left for tomato soup with dill!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , we are having early October weather in November. Sunny and a bit above average for warmth. Today, there may be a brief jump to a new record afternoon temperature!

It has to be brief. The hours of daylight are too short in this second week of November to do more than get us to 62°f for a moment, and then fall away.

I don't quite know what happened with October, what with all that rain. I may go back to the little veggie garden for some more little bok choy plants, if there is room for them in the greenhouse bed :).

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , we are having early October weather in November. Sunny and a bit above average for warmth. Today, there may be a brief jump to a new record afternoon temperature!

It has to be brief. The hours of daylight are too short in this second week of November to do more than get us to 62°f for a moment, and then fall away.

I don't quite know what happened with October, what with all that rain. I may go back to the little veggie garden for some more little bok choy plants, if there is room for them in the greenhouse bed :).

Steve

There are bees flying around here. I never did get my bok choy planted except for a few that I had started inside when I was sick, but I will be prepared to start early with bok choy this spring.

Latest posts