What are You Eating from the Garden?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll pick some of this lettuce for supper tonight. The carrots on the left have a long way to go.

Lettuce.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I'm taking photos, these are turnips on the left and beets on the right. We'll eat some bulbs when they develop but these are just as much for the greens.
Turnips Beets.jpg

These mustard greens are pretty clos to ready. Most winters these are top performers.
Mustards.jpg

These Collards are also very dependable. We'll be eating on them for a long time.
Collards.jpg

Left to right these are the cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli. They have not started heading up yet. I'm hoping around Christmas.
Coles.jpg

And finally, for @seedcorn this is the Red Russian Kale. Daughter-in-Law will get some Monday, it's her favorite.
Kale.jpg

From here until spring we'll be eating a lot of cool weather greens.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I'm taking photos, these are turnips on the left and beets on the right. We'll eat some bulbs when they develop but these are just as much for the greens.
View attachment 45787

These mustard greens are pretty clos to ready. Most winters these are top performers.
View attachment 45786

These Collards are also very dependable. We'll be eating on them for a long time.
View attachment 45784

Left to right these are the cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli. They have not started heading up yet. I'm hoping around Christmas.
View attachment 45783

And finally, for @seedcorn this is the Red Russian Kale. Daughter-in-Law will get some Monday, it's her favorite.
View attachment 45785

I’m good with others growing and eating green cardboard

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 45787

View attachment 45786

View attachment 45784

View attachment 45783

View attachment 45785

What robust & healthy looking leafy greens @Ridgerunner; not a single bug hole in any of those leaves! Wow! What's your secret?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What robust & healthy looking leafy greens @Ridgerunner; not a single bug hole in any of those leaves! Wow! What's your secret?
I don't know. Most of those seeds went in the ground October 14 this year, you'd think the bugs would be at their peak. Maybe that was late enough, in Arkansas i had to start cool weather crops in late August, The bugs wouldn't let me do it. One benefit has been really dry weather the last month. If it is wet the snails are a huge problem down here. It's been to dry for them.

But no pesticides, just blind luck. The lettuce was good. I'm thinking mustard greens for tomorrow night.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I just might learn to accept Brussels sprouts if'n they were harvested a month or 2 after frost.

Everyone knows that Scotch kale becomes more tender at that time. I was really surprised that collards became about 100% more to my liking after hard frosts. Remarkable also, that it didn't die in our mild '20-'21 winter. We will see how collards does this time. Brussels sprouts, huh?

Steve