What are You Eating from the Garden?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your season is so different from mine. It seems so strange to me.
You can garden year round here but I've never done it because I'm usually tired by the time fall comes. But this year I'm going to do it. I have a lot of learning as to when to plant what. In the past I'v had peas start bearing only to have to pull them out to make room for my tomatos. I'm hoping I won't have that problem next year. I planted my peas early at the end of September and will be planting my tomatos a month later than usual. We'll see how it goes.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm curious about @canesisters line of latitude and how much different she sees @ninnymary 's climate from hers.

Also, how @catjac1975 sees the difference between her Massachusetts garden and northern Virginia, especially coastal.

San Francisco Bay and Chesapeake Bay are about in the same place, north and south ... with quite a bit of difference between ocean currents.

Steve
once amongst Annapolis visitors

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, if @canesisters has been snooping around in your garden at various times of the year, she might or might not be envious of your climate.

If east coast @catjac1975 is familiar with the Chesapeake Bay Area, she might be doing a comparative analysis and may be packing her bags for Frisco :).

Ya know, I still have the feeling of home when I visit the Golden State, more so than Oregon. There is a certain melancholy about Oregon, like a missed opportunity ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
baked up some of the fuzzy squash yesterday, before they could grow more fuzz. yum. still good. will be eating it all week now. i like it with cheese, hot sauce, chili powder and garlic salt as variations, but usually the way i like it the best is with a splat of butter on it.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, if @canesisters has been snooping around in your garden at various times of the year, she might or might not be envious of your climate.

If east coast @catjac1975 is familiar with the Chesapeake Bay Area, she might be doing a comparative analysis and may be packing her bags for Frisco :).

Ya know, I still have the feeling of home when I visit the Golden State, more so than Oregon. There is a certain melancholy about Oregon, like a missed opportunity ...

Steve

I am ENTIRELY too attached to my little patch of earth to envy others'. :)

Latest posts