What are You Eating from the Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvest from both gardens - quail eggs and eggplant are from the small garden in Cologne, where the eggplants have a party.
6577.jpg

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Harvest from both gardens - quail eggs and eggplant are from the small garden in Cologne, where the eggplants have a party.
View attachment 50905
What type of quail do you raise and how many do you have ? How many eggs (each one ) of your quail lay per year to produce such bounty ?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got my first ripe tomato. The orange oxheart given to me by @Zeedman . The first 3 all got bottom rot but not the 4th. Tasted so good. This is the latest I’ve harvested my first tomato. Strange year.

all the tomatoes are still green here. we usually won't see them for several weeks yet and the earliest tomatoes might be BER, but the later ones are usually ok. this being a new spot for me to have tomatoes i can't predict that being the same this year as the soil in this garden is completely different. so far plenty of fruits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The tomatoes in the distant garden have grown well. Many of the plants are well into their sprawl but waist high.

There are few tomatoes on them. I suppose that hot July weather has interfered with setting fruit.

It's okay because there are so many plants in that row however, I do need to save some seed. The first ripe fruit are the Bloody Butcher's. That makes sense but there has only been the smallest handful of cherry tomatoes. No Sungolds this year because DW prefers Sun Sugar and Sweet 100. Only ripe ones are the Yellow Jellybeans. They are all hybrids so I'm dependent on the seed companies for future years. If any are discontinued they betta have just as gooda replacements! I imagine that it would take me several seasons to figure out so I'm at their mercy.

Steve 🤞

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have about 5 more tomatoes blushing, same plant. Since I got all 24 tomatoes tied up I can SEE what I have now.
We ate my first harvest of beans last night!! Lots more coming in! I think I can plan on freezing and pressure canning beans this summer/fall, for the winter.
I guess that I should, have know I'd have a good harvest, but I think it's bc I sowed them along all five last year's 12 ft long fencelines where I left plenty of room for harvesting, about 5 ft apart from each other. In the past I have sowed beans where it was hard reach in and to harvest them. Go figure!

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have ate a few Sungolds and Sweet 100 and they are amazing this year! I almost think the Sweet 100 is the wrong seed because they are bigger than normal. No idea, but my tomato plants seemed to have come out of whatever was wrong. The pepper plants are starting to grow. Cucumber has a lot of flowers and a few zucchini on the one plant I have and a couple of yellow on another plant. The beans still look awful and the kale and collards. I am clearing out a spot for some fall things. Not sure yet. I have been busy help DD and for sure she will be having that baby this week or any moment.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What type of quail do you raise and how many do you have ? How many eggs (each one ) of your quail lay per year to produce such bounty ?
We got them from a private breeder, so I guess they are all mixed breed. We just bought them this spring, and I didn't really count how many eggs they lay - our main egg supply is from the 16 hens.

Latest posts