What are You Eating from the Garden?

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was too hot to turn the oven on today, but we managed to make a very tasty tuna pizza on the barbecue. If you like tuna I would definitely recommend giving tuna pizza a try; it is very popular in Europe, but never seems to have gotten any traction in North America for some reason. ;)
That doesn't sound half bad. I may try that.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally, some lovely tomatoes come in.
10343.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been thinking that melons are one food that I am happy to eat with every meal. Fortunately, there are 3 types. There isn't quite as much enthusiasm on my part when I bring out the cucumbers but I can separate them as appetizer and dessert.

The melons are winding down and it looks like we may not have them in September. Remarkable in that the usual ripening time for the crop is the last days of August.

We can try our first full size Lemon Boy of the new version, today. The plant is healthy and that was the reason to make the switch from the older variety. The one ripe Gary O Sena was an outlier. I have begun to wonder about the Porters etc. Certainly not in any rush to join the production here at home. The exception is the Jellybean plant at the end of the bed in the big garden. Covered with ripe fruit, yesterday!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sparking water with blackberry syrup

Instead of taking brambles as enemy, I decided to co-exist with them. However, just need to keep the pruning on, like many other perennials.
10462.jpg

I collected a bowl of the ripen berries and made the syrup for adding into sparking water or yogurt.
10439.jpg

Using a sieve is necessary to remove the seeds. After the syrup cools down, I added honey and kept it in the fridge. So fresh and so good!
10440.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
breakfast today was some dried beans that were cooked up last week to finish them off and on top of those (after warming them up) i sliced a tomato and put some ranch dressing on it all. very good basic food but i could eat it about every day.

tonight will be melon and something else, not sure yet, BLT in a bowl did not happen the other day as we got sidetracked by ice-cream and pumpkin cake...