What are You Eating from the Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Made Jalapeño Mac and Cheese casserole for lunch. Wanted to be generous with the peppers. Not so much the very few jalapeño plants but harvested lots of peppers out of the greenhouse this fall.

Now my fingers hurt more than my mouth!

Should've worn gloves at the cutting board ... DW thinks that the casserole should've been served with her holiday cottage cheese, pistachio pudding salad :D.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Made Jalapeño Mac and Cheese casserole for lunch. Wanted to be generous with the peppers. Not so much the very few jalapeño plants but harvested lots of peppers out of the greenhouse this fall.

Should've worn gloves at the cutting board ... DW thinks that the casserole should've been served with her holiday cottage cheese, pistachio pudding salad :D.

Steve
That mac n cheese sounds delicious! Just make sure you keep your hands away from your eyes! Yikes!

Mary

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made an eggy chard pie, with some tomatoes. Also more beetroot and shiitake mushrooms from the garden. Pretty amazing for this time of the year to be eating fresh chard and tomatoes! Pulled out the last tomato plants yesterday.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would "eggy chard pie" be a quiche, @thejenx ?

Included in the recipe are the shiitake mushrooms and tomatoes? I make quiche, sometimes.

Today, I was wondering about the condition of the Portuguese kale in the backyard ...

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
9B5EBBA6-CDC7-4CB1-89DA-6AF54ACCBA38.jpeg RB07DCA09-2803-4EE3-BD7C-E04AD1E2D18B.jpeg

Attachments

• 861A9CDE-FD91-431D-86B0-A25F0C0818A1.jpeg
    861A9CDE-FD91-431D-86B0-A25F0C0818A1.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 164

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just had some mac-n-cheese and it was delicious, but the only thing in it that came from the gardens was some tomatoes. still good. it had bacon in it, but after the last time i suggested Mom keep more bacon to put up on top instead of mixing it all within. much better/crunchier/chewyer. :)

i topped it with yogurt and hot sauce.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve[/QUOTE

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just had some mac-n-cheese and it was delicious, but the only thing in it that came from the gardens was some tomatoes. still good. it had bacon in it, but after the last time i suggested Mom keep more bacon to put up on top instead of mixing it all within. much better/crunchier/chewyer. :)

i topped it with yogurt and hot sauce.
:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

Latest posts