What are You Eating from the Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was raining the other day and Mom wanted some green onions for some stuffed potatoes she was making. i went out and tried to get some from the onion patch but when i brought them in i figured i was going to be doing about a half hour's worth of work and not get much for it, so i went back outside and cut some chives instead. the chive patch has some grass now growing in it so i did have to spend a few minutes picking the grass out of the chives before chopping them up. but at least that only took me about 15 minutes total and i had enough left over to put on my own tater skins with the sour cream.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Currently we are eating parsley, cilantro, celery, onion tops, basil and some of the chocolate mint and anise hyssop.

@Dahlia , if you cook those big radishes they are better than most turnips. We’ve grown both but since decided we really didn’t like them all that much and moved on. However, my neighbor is a strong radish lover and slices them onto buttered bread, making a radish sandwich!😳

next week we will have bush beans, summer squash and cucumbers from the greenhouse.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saisai leaf radish. They are very, very mild. After the disastrous trial last year when they bolted too early to seed (as soon as outdoor weather warmed), I decided to try them in in the hoop house. There are few of them because there wasn't much seed left of this hybrid daikon radish.

And, flowering bok choy. There are plenty more coming on but the first planted under the plastic film are blooming. That won't stop us from eating them for a short while.

:)

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
German Giant radishes. I have had a hard time for some reason growing radish lately. This year I planted 3 kinds. I am not sure how the others are doing. I just saw these and picked for lunch for my salad. I have lettuce and arugula I can cut tomorrow. I need to make rhubarb crisp too.
radishes.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, flowering bok choy.
Today, it's flowering kale :).

Still nice and tender - mostly, the Italian kale but the Scotch is bolting, also. Not many of the Italian made it thru the mild winter altho, it did better than the Portuguese in modest hardiness.

@Gardening with Rabbits , bugs love radish in my garden. So nice to have those early in the season and so bug-free!

Steve

Latest posts