What are You Eating from the Garden?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We’ve been eating Roma II green beans. Now the tenderette are coming on. Picked 3 tomatoes before animals got them. Sweet corn is soooo good. Spinach is done as was the bok cho that went to seed before I realized through the grass that it was up. Been eating zucchini (just made bread using oatmeal, whole wheat and apple sauce.) and yellow squash. Peppers are really doing well.
Eggplant is just about ready.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I used a pint of my canned pinto beans to make refried beans. I fried whole corn tortillas, put some of the beans on the tortillas, mozzerella cheese and melted it in the microwave. I topped it with pico de gallo and we feasted on it.

Yesterday I canned spaghetti sauce, used somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 tomatoes, got 13 pints. I kept out some to use for spaghetti tonight. It ought to be yummy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... beans and tomatoes... Oh, yes, and dahlias and zinnias for eye candy!
Yes dahlias and zinnias! Snapdragons need to gather themselves for a 2nd crop.

Beans are doing better than anytime in recent memory! Tomatoes. There are a few. It's the Bloody Butchers that are the mediums. @Rhodie Ranch , you might want to think about that variety as an early. Taste just about the same as a nice beefsteak.

Don't really want to talk about the Yukon potatoes that we have harvested as earlies. Hope the laters amount to something a measure or 2 more.

Oh yeah, DW has her summer squash and we now have more cucumbers than I know what to do with and the floodgate just opened!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' yeah, cucumbers have always done well for us here. way more than we can use. i picked a box top full in about 5 minutes to send off with my brother - him and his clan will eat them up. i have more to pick but this week is looking pretty difficult for doing all sorts of things so i'm not sure what is going to happen when.

Latest posts