What are You Eating from the Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested three different varieties potatoes

27448.jpg

Time for Japanese curry, i always love the colorful potatoes.
27449.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Black beans and rice (just like red beans and rice, but black). We used beans we had grown several years back and chicken stock from our chickens.

View attachment 42432
If there was one meal I had to choose to eat forever, this would probably be it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
If there was one meal I had to choose to eat forever, this would probably be it.

i used to eat lentils and brown rice quite often (living on my own and cooking what i wanted) as i could spice them a lot of different ways. now i live with Mom who wouldn't eat that much at all as there are many other things she likes better. i'm gradually getting her to think that adzuki beans are ok (which are close enough in texture and taste to me like lentils) and perhaps i can eventually get her to eat some lentils once in a while for varieties sake. :)

for me it is beans in general i can eat quite often. and with so many different varieties, flavors and textures it's not really like eating the exact same thing all the time (unless you end up spicing and adding meats the same way, then IMO you're doing it to yourself and it's your own fault. :) )...

the last batch of beans i made had about a dozen different varieties of beans in there and you could taste each kind if you picked them out and ate them one by one.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been a little surprised and disappointed in the Velour French bush beans. Other varieties of purple beans have been a somewhat "coarse" in texture which is okay with me because I like the flavor of those that I have grown. It's not okay with DW so we are eating Jade green beans, right now.

The Velour was attacked by the flea beetles, as was the Jade. Both outgrew the problem. Velour flowered very early and before Jade but there weren't even tiny beans developing on them, this week.

I don't remember ever thinking that high temperatures were limiting beans. Maybe the flea beetles moved from leaves to flowers and I'm just not observant enough to see that. But, the Jade is doing okay. The Velour continues to flower ...

Steve
who is enjoying an onslaught of cucumbers and has zucchini bread baking in the cool of this morning (48°f, earlier)