What are You Eating from the Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When there are plenty of chives and eggs~
7254.jpg

Boneless chicken from the 50% off chicken thighs, bread from the too-good-to-go surprise bag - for me, it's better than what many restaurants in the surrounding can offer.
7257.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , my first sowing of green beans resulted in puny plants. The cool June must not have been to their liking.

The second sowing produced big, robust plants!. The pods are just about ready for harvest.

The third sowing (all the same packet of Jade) resulted in ... almost nothing. I don't think 50% emerged out from under the gravel I refer to as my "garden soil." That was during our 103-5 degree weather. Baked Beans underground. However, I told DW that it looked like pole bean spacing, measured and not random. Once again, there are lots more Asian green seedlings than room for them here at home so 2022 could be the year to see if they can grow well early, mid or late season in the big veggie garden (& with bean companions ;)). They were flea beetle victims, early. Burned up, mid. Next!

@ducks4you mentioned an appreciation for purple beans. Me too! DW wants smooth and tender - nothing else :(. I tried purple Velour in 2021. Neither she nor I cared 2 hoots for the skinny, little things! Johnny's has an Amethyst. They describe it as "fanciest" and "good flavor raw or cooked." That sure sounds like a purple, smooth and tender :).

Steve

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , my first sowing of green beans resulted in puny plants. The cool June must not have been to their liking.

The second sowing produced big, robust plants!. The pods are just about ready for harvest.

The third sowing (all the same packet of Jade) resulted in ... almost nothing. I don't think 50% emerged out from under the gravel I refer to as my "garden soil." That was during our 103-5 degree weather. Baked Beans underground. However, I told DW that it looked like pole bean spacing, measured and not random. Once again, there are lots more Asian green seedlings than room for them here at home so 2022 could be the year to see if they can grow well early, mid or late season in the big veggie garden (& with bean companions ;)). They were flea beetle victims, early. Burned up, mid. Next!

@ducks4you mentioned an appreciation for purple beans. Me too! DW wants smooth and tender - nothing else :(. I tried purple Velour in 2021. Neither she nor I cared 2 hoots for the skinny, little things! Johnny's has an Amethyst. They describe it as "fanciest" and "good flavor raw or cooked." That sure sounds like a purple, smooth and tender :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just harvested both varieties of Kabocha squash - the light green one is Crown Prince, my first time growing it. They will need further post-ripening after harvest, but I believe they will be delicious. 🥰
View attachment 51149

kabochas are wonderful flavored squash that will grow here. :)

Latest posts