What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted 5 - 26" round pots of English peas. I found the pots on sale at Home Depot for $10 a piece, regular price was $30. I used my little tomato cages (the ones that aren't big enough for a tomato) upside down as a trellis. I only had 4 cages so the last one is stuck some bamboo poles in and tied string all the way up.

I also planted a 4x8 bed of turnip and mustard for greens.

Inside I started from seed

12 Terrific tomato
2 mortgage lifter tomato
2 yellow pear tomato
2 Fordhook Zucchini
1 Tautume Zucchini
1 Rond de nice Zucchini
2 Spineless Zucchini
2 Black Beauty Egg Plants
2 Sparkler Egg Plants
4 Jalapenos
2 Cayenne Pepper
2 Ancho Pepper
2 Peter Pepper

Only the Zucchinis and Tomatoes have sprouted.

I plan on going over to my friends house this weekend and planting more and helping her start her plants. She had a raised bed garden last year and bought tons of plants, but it didn't do well. She lives in a shady area and is going to move her beds this year and we hope it will do better with more sun. :D

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wow, I am back to square one, chickens got out and dug up everything...:/

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
the weather was beautiful last weekend in the Valley, Mary it obviously was where you are too, wow! :cool:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Luvsroses said:
the weather was beautiful last weekend in the Valley, Mary it obviously was where you are too, wow! :cool:
It was great but now it's supposed to shower all week. It's gray and drizzling right now. I'm hoping the weekend will be dry and sunny. I was planning on painting my coop. It's been almost 2 years since it was painted and now I want to change the color! My kids and husband think I'm crazy.:lol:

Mary

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Raining here too, so much for planting my grapes and plum tree, still a few left bareroot at Lowes! I dont think youre any crazier than someone who still hasnt painted their coop that was built last May...:lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So nice to see other's planting as well!

We planted carrots and spinach today. :D

Tomorrow, I think we may run with brussel sprouts and lettuce.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Over the last couple weeks I started my tomato, pepper and herb seedlings..So far 50 different varieties of tomatoes, most all heirlooms. Many fav's coming back, and some new to me heirlooms..To many to list to keep it short..

Peppers: Leutschauer Paprika, Purple Jalapeno, Jalapeno, Pasilla Bajio, Ozark Giant, Gigantic Pepper....more to come

Herbs: Lemon Basil, Sweet Basil, Cinnamon Basil, Lime Basil, Florence Bulbing Fennel, Parsley Flat Leaf, Cilantro

Latest posts