What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
desertwillow said:
The picture looked good. I used to have one called Apricot Nector and this looks almost like it I have Mr. Lincoln, Oklahoma, Peace, John F. Kennedy, Tiffany, Angel Face, Jacobs Coat (climber), Iceberg, Double Delight, I have a French rose, pink but can't remember the name right now. It looks like a David Austin rose and of course the Cecil Brunner and the Medallion. I have three or four more but don't recall their names and I have three Lady Banks roses on my front fence facing the road. Roses are my first love but bearded iris come a close second. I have over 75 of them of all colors.
I have a favorite, its called Mary Rose, (my avatar) also have many of the ones you have, some just planted but not enjoyed last year because the deer discovered them!!!! :( I used to have iris all up our front drive as a child, and loved iris time, they were ice blue with dark purple throats. I like the huge bearded ones, do you know a good source?

I need to plant more lettuce!!!!

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have the jacobs coat climber too, just planted it last week to climb my yellow chicken coop, think it will look ok? ;)

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Luvsroses said:
desertwillow said:
The picture looked good. I used to have one called Apricot Nector and this looks almost like it I have Mr. Lincoln, Oklahoma, Peace, John F. Kennedy, Tiffany, Angel Face, Jacobs Coat (climber), Iceberg, Double Delight, I have a French rose, pink but can't remember the name right now. It looks like a David Austin rose and of course the Cecil Brunner and the Medallion. I have three or four more but don't recall their names and I have three Lady Banks roses on my front fence facing the road. Roses are my first love but bearded iris come a close second. I have over 75 of them of all colors.
I have a favorite, its called Mary Rose, (my avatar) also have many of the ones you have, some just planted but not enjoyed last year because the deer discovered them!!!! :( I used to have iris all up our front drive as a child, and loved iris time, they were ice blue with dark purple throats. I like the huge bearded ones, do you know a good source?

I need to plant more lettuce!!!!
I buy my iris from Sutton's Iris farm in Porterville, CA. They have a website and can order on line. If you google the name it should come up with the website. They're reasonable, good quality, give freebies along with your order and since I used to live not far from there would visit the farm when iris were in bloom.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I have medalion also. I love it. Mine grows pretty tall even though I prune it down every December.

Mary
I hope mine does well. It gets very hot here in summer and we get lots of wind. All my other roses do well so this one should also.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My peas are in the ground. It has begun... :cool:

Such a beautiful, sunny (and very windy!) day. I've been doing my "spring clean-up" around the yard, pruning, and eyeing where I think I'll be planting things for this year.

Hooray for the first indications of SPRING! I am ready! :weee

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's wonderful...I sure envy those who live where there are 4 seasons and not just two like we have here in Northern Michigan.....Winter, and preparing for Winter.....:lol: I won't be able to get in the garden 'til about the first of June. Happy planting....:)

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Right now, I'm planting my fanny in the recliner. Earlier today, though, I planted lettuce, 2 kinds of radishes, carrots, 2 kinds of onions, bareroot strawberries and my 22 baby broccoli. If I ever move again, I've potatoes and peas to get in. :th

How can we (me) get sooo out of shape so quickly?

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
After sorting and organizing the seed packets, felt it was time to start something.
Peppers and tomatoes were the winners of the day.
Anaheim, Sandia A, Habanero, Big Jim, Jalapeno, Cherokee Purple, Amana Orange,
Slivery Fir Tree, and a Brandywine Mix. :celebrate

It's too windy to do much outside and I really just needed to see something sprout
to keep the spirits up!:D

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am replanting today after my earlier rainstorm disaster. I think the peppers and tomato seeds probably got mostly washed away so I am planting more of those for sure.

georgia flame pepper
cayanne pepper
amish paste tomato
beefsteak tomato
pantano romanesco tomato
yard-long beans
scallop squash
dragon tongue beans
yellow straightneck squash
sugar pie pumpkin
pink banana squash
ireland creek annie beans
calypso beans
fava beans
heirloom pepper mix
buttercup squash
hidatsa shield beans

We finally took out the big sycamore tree in our front yard (big decision but I think we made the right one). We have three of the garden boxes built that will go in that area of the front yard. We still have to till it, make sure the sprinkler lines are all working properly, and put the boxes in. I hope to have that done this week so that I can plant some of the things I want to direct seed like carrots, lettuces, cilantro, and dill.

Latest posts