What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
English Peas & Brussel Sprout in today!

I also dug up and split a few of my perennials, and shuffled some cone flowers I found popping up around to new beds to start filling in. I need to go get some poppy seeds to plant here soon too.

Off to start tomato seeds!!!

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted 5 Thompson Seedless grapevines. Tomorrow hopefully I will have my raised beds realigned, and can start getting the soil ready, before this next rainstorm. Chickens helped out a lot by eating hundreds of grubs and other bugs :)

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Got my peas and potatoes in yesterday. Went to Lowes for plumbing parts and came home with 3 raspberries. Amazing how I can forget to detour to get light bulbs, but can't possibly forget the garden dept!

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Love Lowes garden dept! they have such a variety and take good care of the plants too. Im thinking of getting some bareroot lilacs at TSC, they are small, but you get two for 4.99, I have no experience w/ these, do they grow fast?

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The lilacs I have don't grow very fast but again, in a different climate they might. I hope to get peas in the ground tomorrow. We have another storm coming in this weekend and it will be a cold one. We need the rain though.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My lilacs don't grow very fast either, although I noticed that in their 4th year they took a bit of a leap. I planted mine from 1 gallon pots, so they were pretty puny to be begin with.
Edited to add: They are in a location that doesn't get much of my attention, and I have been a little casual about watering...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So thrilled, the neighbor brought over more raspberry starts I planted today (8 of 'em) so now I have about 18 plants!

I also found some poppy seeds for $0.20 and grabbed a couple of packets. I put them out no in hopes to have some gorgeous poppies spread around my gardens in a couple of months. :D

luvsdirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sunday I planted Salad Bowl leaf lettuce. Onion plant order arrived today, and if it doesn't start raining tomorrow, they will go in the ground tomorrow or Thursday.

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My luffa has sprouted, first year with them. I tried to start some slips of sweet potatoes, but I think there was too much water and it slimed up and started to rot... so this time I'm going to try with setting them on a soil bed for them to get their moisture that way. Tomorrow I'll start my hollyhocks.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted some of my new garden beds today. Some started tomatoes but the rest direct seed.

Tomatoes:
Pineapple
Momotaro
German Johnson
Cherokee Purple
Amish Paste

Peppers:
Georgia Flame
Joe's Long Cayenne

I planted some yellow onions in between the tomatoes.

The second bed has:
Lettuce Mix
Baby Oakleaf Lettuce
Arugula
Cilantro
Dill

The third bed has carrots; Danvers, Scarlet Nantes, and Dragon.

The last bed only has one lonely zucchini right now but will probably be home to some beans when/if they sprout from the seeds I planted last month.

Latest posts