What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sweet corn: yellow (don't remember what kind), Triple Play, Black Aztec
Other corn: Hopi Pink flour, Anasazi flour, Supai Red Parch, Dakota Black Popcorn

Punkins: pie (don't remember what kind), Rouge Vif D'etampes, Howden
Winter squash: Tahiti, Sweet Dumpling, Blue Ballet, spaghetti
Summer squash: yellow scallopini, cocozelle zucchini
Cukes: some sort of pickling, sweet marketmore straight.
Beans: Painted Lady runner, Scarlet runner, Jacob's Cattle, Hutterite soup, Beurre de somethingorother wax, Royal Burgundy string, and some that I found in the back of my seed drawer
Sunflowers with edible seeds. Don't know what kind.
Melons: Moon & stars watermelons, Charentais cantaloupes, Hale's Best muskmelons
Crucifers: January King cabbage, Dinosaur kale
Asparagus: Purple Passion, Jersey Knight
Beets: Shiraz tall top, Bull's blood
Carrots: Kurota something, Nantes Coreless
Strawberries: Darselect, Northeaster, Honeoye, Jewel, Tribute
Blueberries: Patriot, Blueray, Jersey
Raspberries: Bristol, Boyne, Royalty, Anne, Autumn Britten
2 elderberries
Bunch o' herbs. Calendula, sage, catnip, mugwort, dill, something else.

Re-planted my peas, as I have either really really low germination or, I suspect, the local birds are feasting on pea shoots, 'cause I am pretty darn sure there used to be more of them.

Then I got tired and made DH make dinner. Planned for later this week: mint in a very isolated bed, other culinary herbs, more strawberries. Think I had better re-plant my spinach, too.

Good thing, my onions that were planted in mid-March are doing pretty well, and my lettuces planted at the same time are sprouting. And I found two small potatoes that had been missed last year, still good. Apparently German Butterballs, although not very prolific or drought-tolerant, are nevertheless good keepers. They were buried under maybe 4-6" of compost. My chives from last year are now perennial, too, and quite big.

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted tomato and pepper seeds in trays today. I'm SO late!! Hope I get something edible before the first frost next fall. I planted Milano paste tomatoes and Carmello tomatoes. Big Jim chili peppers and Early jalapenos. I've got one bed ready for peas and spinach. We've had a perfect week here in CT and we were all off from school but we were so busy with our new chicks and old chicks and ducklins and building the new coop that I didn't get nearly as much gardening done as I wanted and needed.

Reaction score
Today I'm planting the daffodils I rescued from a farm being torn down. And the Iris, Surprise Lilies, and other unidentified bulbs.

Hopefully they'll do OK with an out-of-season transplant.

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I finally was able to get my garden into the ground after all that rain we had here. I planted it last Wed. while waiting for eggs to hatch...kept me busy. :lol:
I need to plant some sprigs of pussy willow I had cut when the catkins were all over them and used in the house as decorations as they have now sprouted roots and green leaves.

Presto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I finally got some time to clean the yard, & clean out some of the flower beds, So in went some Lavender in one area, I transplanted some Hosta, I had 3 pansys that made it threw the winter & snow & ice, SHOCKING to me but I had to move them into a pot. & started my compost, now if I can keep the dogs from playing in it....:/

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
With chicken coop building taking up all of my free time, being under the weather, and house guests just announced for next week, I panicked and enlisted my DD (5) and DS (2) to plant for me. So, in went:

Sweet Pea
KONG Sunflower - should be fun for the kids as long as it doesn't kill anybody if it falls over
Nasturtiums
Pilamaya
Larkspur
Cosmos
Red Poppy
Baby's Breath
Purple Hyacinth
Echinacea
Zinnias

Today, we removed: GARLIC MUSTARD! It's an easy target, right now.

A few weeks ago (can't remember when)
Potatoes
Asparagus
Rhubarb
Lots of new hostas

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It's been raining like mad, here, so I haven't put the rest of my stuff in yet. But the rain is wonderful. We were in a drought all last year, so I won't complain about rain.

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Must Plant Something! I get the stitches out of my foot today from surgery and I will tell the doc, no more resting! I plan to enlist my children (I really don't play the guilt card too often) to help me. Yesterday I hobbled around in Home Depot and found climbing roses for 6.99. I took a chance with a Don Juan (my favorite-I wanted another anyway) and a pink fragrant New Dawn. These will go on a ten foot long, six foot high section of lattice fence between me and my good neighbor. My neighbor is planting clematis. I also bought allyssum plants. I will also plant seeds of four o'clocks, giant sunflowers, radishes, and dill and cilantro. Moving plants around will have to wait a while. (I have a couple of good daylilies that are in very bad spots and they must be moved or else)

Meanwhile, the white fragrant lilac I bought last year on clearance is covered with buds. I am so happy! I bought several flowering or evergreen shrubs last year (getting tired of dividing perennials) and looks like everything survived and is actively growing.

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
What went in:
River birch
Shasta Daisies (next to the mint)
Baby's breath
And something else that I cannot remember at the moment.

What I pulled out:
Chrysanthemum looking something which was invading my ajuga.

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted more container gardens today. We're up to:

2 hanging pots of peas

2 containers of Patio tomato & Sweet Basil (plants) and Moss-curled Parsley (seed)

2 containers of Better Boy tomato & Sweet Basil (plants) and Tarragon (seed)

1 container of Pineapple Sage & German Thyme

Still have a long way to go! We might get some rain tomorrow morning so I'll Hopefully be able to get some peas, green beans, Scarlet Runner beans, squash, gourds, nasturtiums, and cukes direct seeded in the afternoon. :fl

Dawn

Latest posts