What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted beef stake tomatoes, big boys, and early girl.
Carrots
scallions
strawberries
watermelons
zuccini
cucumers
brocoli
bell peppers-red, orange and green

Drawf orange
Drawf grapefruit
Drawf mandarine trees.

Wildflowers
trumphet vines
poop two others that I cannot recall. Very pretty though. :)

That was how I spent my day, and I am tired.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This week I added four Red Habenero Pepper plants and two regular orange Habenero Pepper plants to the garden that I found at a local nursery.

And I bought a Borage plant because I thought my seeds didn't come up. Then as I was planting the borage plant, I noticed near by, there were some tiny borage seedings!!

Garden7RakingLeavesOuch.gif

wooden_pony

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted.....

Sugar Dots sweet corn. They have been growing for the last two weeks in my garage.

Melting Sugar snow peas

Bush, Blue Lake Beans

Alaska Peas

Jack O' Lantern Pumpkins

Mini Jack Pumpkins

Gold Rush Squash

Dixie Hybrid Squash

Zucchini

Black Beauty Eggplant

Red Sweet Bell Peppers

Purple Beauty Sweet Bell Peppers

Jalapeno's

Beefsteak Tomatoes

Early Girl Tomatoes

Planted a new...

Artichoke

Some more Quinalt Strawberries

Hale's Best Jumbo Cantaloupe

Crimson Sweet Watermelon

Sugar Baby Watermelon

HERBS

Lemon Balm

Cilantro

Basil

Then for my kid's I made for them this year a sweet pea tunnel. We planted the seeds today for that as well...

Classic Sweet Peas
Pastel Sunset

Fragrant Sweet Peas
Perfume Delight

I think that was everything I might have missed some of my Herbs but they go into their own planting bed....well the ones my chickens do not eat. Yumm cannot wait for the squash to ripen so we can grill them and I can make zucchini bread!! :p

Robinegg

Leafing Out
Reaction score
today I planted
cherry tomatoes
broccoli
cauliflower
brussel sprouts

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
today I drove 1.5 hrs each way (this was my big exciting 'day away from the kids :p) to go to the Royal Botanical Garden plant sale, the everything's-$4.99 shrub and tree nursery, and on the way home the garden center with the largest selection of perennials in the province :) Returned home not quite $100 lighter (not including gas bill)

Today I planted:

2 cedars, filling in gaps in the raggedy hedge by the road
2 different rose campions (Lychnis)
a purple bellflower (C. glomerata)
a meadow rue (Thalictrum) for $0.50 from the scratch/dent rack
some hens-and-chicks
a dwarf bearded iris, should be a pretty blue

Today I *failed* to plant, because they need hardening off first,

1 Amelanchier (shadblow, serviceberry, whatever you wanna call it)
4 lilacs for the hedge-in-progress in a horse paddock
2 really well-grown good-sized larches, at $4.99 each, wow
1 beautybush (Kolkwitzia) that I have no clue where to put it
1 Geranium sanguineum striatum (I have another, like it, but am afeared to divide it)
1 Stachys officinalis (which seems to have had its species name changed recently) - you know, wood betony
1 very *large* variegated solomon's seal for just $4, w00t
and 3 other things I can't offhand remember what they were.

This should keep me PLENTY busy for the forseeable future, especially since it is supposed to rain down buckets for the next two days, then I'm driving out to Belleville to pick up an order of 7 bareroot trees and shrubs, and getting 20 baby chicks at the same time. Gah!

I have happy lettuce in the coldframe almost ready to pick :D

Pat, ready for a nap

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I need to plant, because I picked them up yesterday and they're bareroot (and starting to leaf out, eep):

3 laurel-leaf willows, for along the horse paddock fence
3 amur chokecherry, to be potted up til I decide where they go
1 hazel bush
1 harbin [ornamental] pear
2 Sakhalin cork trees

(Please do not lecture me about the latter, which is a close relative of the Amur cork tree, which is a wicked pest in parts of the Northeast... I am pretty sure we're far enough north it won't naturalize, and if it DOES start to seed itself around, all reports suggest that seedlings will be within a thousand feet of the parent tree and I will say Oh Phooey and just cut the parent trees down if it comes to that. Its appeal to me is that it's fast-growing, cold-hardy and tolerant of somewhat difficult soil conditions, and not entirely unattractive)

Off to go get the shovel, tarp and box o' bonemeal,

Pat

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good luck today Pat.

Today, after we finish we this chicken coop, we are needing to finish our 2 phase of corn. We already have about 50 plants in the ground of a late variety and 50 of an early one. We need to get the mid season and the sweet earlies in the ground.

Surviving that, we need to finish our peppers. They've been in the garage under lights too long and need to get in the ground. Close to 60 plants of every pepper we could imagine.

Also on the slate is to finish our squash, pumpkins, watermelons and melons patch on the other side of the property. Of course BEFORE we plant anything we need to finish our drip irrigation system or they'll have not water.

But, like I said, the only way we're getting anything in the ground this coop needs to be done. :/

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, we've had a lot of rain lately, which is s good thing because we needed it. A small harvest of broccoli raab has already happened (sooo delicious, and all we did was saute with garlic - yum!) Scallions, mesclun mix, garlic, and radishes are coming along.

As soon as the asparagus crowns arrive those are going into their premanent bed. All of the warm weather seedlings (tomatoes, peppers, melons, squash) have been potted up and will be ready to plant end of May/early June. Containers of cannas, alocasia and begonia are in their places for warm weather.

I also tried carrots but hated working wth the seed :barnie and really nothing came up. Oh well - we have a CSA share so I can use that for things we don't grow.

Best of all: Baby chicks have been ordered! :weee

SewingDivaHusband :love has two big jobs ahead of him; we need to add two more rain barrels and he needs to build a chicken coop!

Should be an action packed summer.:coolsun

~Phyllis

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday I added a few inches of compost onto my potatoes and dug up my absentee asparagus to find that it is a goner - a very WET trench.

Today
In the vegetable garden, I planted:
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Peppers
Lots of Pole Beans

In the flower gardens:
I transplanted Lily of the Valley out of my lawn (this stuff smells so good)
Transplanted lilac out of the lawn
Transplanted ajuga where it could be seen
Planted a donor red maple and forsythia

I shared:
Lily of the Valley ;)
Viola (4 of the 9 volunteers from the 2 plants I put in last fall - yikes)

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday DGD and I planted barrel cactus seeds. We also planted three kinds of sunflowers, sweet corn, pickeling cucumbers, regular cucumbers.
We are planting DGD a secret garden this month. We can't plant up here until after mothers day becuase of the frost. We forgot to plant the green beans, so I will have to do that today.
The trees I planted last month, two of them already have their leaves growing!
I think I will also plant some radishes in tha secret garden.
Monica

Latest posts