What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

chick0dee

Sprout
Reaction score
About a month and a half ago I planted two tomato plants and an egg plant... Because we have had such wonderful weather here the plants are beautiful! They were each about 10 inches tall and now are 2 1/2 feet. The tomato plants already have lots of flowers and little tomatoes on them.. My mouth is watering while I am waiting!!! ANy other suggestions as to what I can plant this timw of year???

I am in ZONE 11...Sunny Southwest Florida :tools

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Green peppers carrots cucumbers...Lucky you we are at 19 degrees with a wind chill of below 0 nothing is growing here...

chick0dee

Sprout
Reaction score
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Momofdrew, that is the reason we moved from Upstate NY to florida!! :coolsun .:mow and I can say, I don't MISS IT!!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in the high desert and we can grow some crops in winter but we get temps in the teens and twenties here in winter but it goes up in the 60's during the day. If I cover my crops at night they do pretty good. Our problem is more the wind when it is cold. It just shrivels up everything not covered.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, Detlor Poultry doesn't start there big Squash plant until June 1, but I've planted a few things in the last month:

- I planted a Bearbind as a houseplant / easter flower in december, and it's about 3 inches tall. It's supposed to be flowering by easter. :happy_flower
- I planted some Farewell-to-Spring plants for the flower garden.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I received some small flowering bulbs from my granddaughter for Christmas so want to plant them in pots this week and hope they bloom for spring. I don't remember all of them but some are squill and windflowers and some type of iris.

Mahonri

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm putting corn, squash, beans and cucumbers in this week.

My peas are looking good. I have broccoli and peppers ready to pick.

AZBootsie

Sprout
Reaction score
Today I planted snow peas, because last night the rabbits destroyed the ones I planted at Thanksgiving.

Latest posts