What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It is time for bare root planting and cold weather crops here in the high desert. I have cabbage and onions up and I just planted a blackberry bush, raspberry bush and blue berry. I will have to watch the PH on the blueberry since it likes an acid soil and ours leans more to the alkali. We've ammended the soil so much it is no longer native in the garden. I just planted a New Dawn climber and some crinum lillies. My daffodils and crocus are poking through and my older roses are leafing out but our last average frost date is April 15th. Oh! I have also started some rose cuttings and they look like they've taken. I've never done it before so I hope they take. I used cuttings from my Iceberg rose when I pruned it.

1iora

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted snap peas and strawberries today! It's getting down to 39 here at night (7a), so hopefully they'll be alright. Bigger problem is the lack of light - right now they're only getting about an hour of dappled sun a day, in the mornings, the rest of the time they're shaded. It's been sunny though so hopefully they'll get enough out of the dappled light and reflected light. This is my first year, so I'm experimenting!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, we had to replace the Arkansas Black apple tree we planted last spring (because I accidentally killed it), and we planted a raspberry and another blackberry.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just planted potatoes....Kennebec, Red and Russet. The peas are about 4" high. I planted lettuce, and started some broccoli and cabbage. Too early for the tomatoes as of yet. But I get my tomato plants out of the dishwater ditch. Once they start growing, I transplant them to the tomato patch. Carrots need replanted. They sucked in the spot they are now.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted a bluberry bush day before yesterday. Cabbage, collards, onions doing fine, so are the bare root roses I put in. Too windy today to work outside and yesterday we went to Lancaster, 76 miles south and it snowed. So pretty and only lasted about an hour so we had a clear road home.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What am I planting today? Nothing
What am I planting this week? Nothing.
what am I planting this month? Your guess is as good as mine ;)

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i planted some dill seed today...
but mostly just pulled MONSTER sized weeds.
I feel like I'm late, late, LATE getting things in the ground!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I planted Geranium and Impatiens indoors, yesterday I planted eggplants and peppers! :)

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, I'm so happy its time for this thread.

Today I weeded all my raised beds, dismantled last years in-ground garden and then picked up a truckload of compost. I need to add some peat and manure then I'm good to go.

I'm going to sit down with my seeds and draw up a plan this evening.

It felt wonderful getting dirty today. I even got a little sunburn.

G

Latest posts