What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Went to visit my Dad and Mom yesterday and they gave us cuttings from several types of succulents and cacti and a couple of other plants.

Monica

Baymen Moe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
A great day in New England today for planting. Finished the veggie garden off with Brocolli, Eggplant, Onions, Peppers and Tomatoes. Also made the wifey a new 8x8 garden for some choice herbs and a few veggies. Also increased my mowing by a few minutes by adding some new lawn to the spread. Time to relax!

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The week before Mother's Day, we planted: greenbeans (Blue Lake and Half Runners), limas, okra, peas, sweet corn and seedlings I started -- 30 tomato plants,
4 cucumber, 4 yellow squash, 4 zucc., 4 Mammouth pumpkin, 4 Conn. pumpkins and a 50lb. bag of sunflower seeds! I still have 100 watermelon seedlings and 60 more tomatoes to plant.

Yesterday, I planted 10 Chicago Apache (red) daylilies (thank you again, Buff).

KayRI

Leafing Out
Reaction score
moes' garden said:
A great day in New England today for planting. Finished the veggie garden off with Brocolli, Eggplant, Onions, Peppers and Tomatoes. Also made the wifey a new 8x8 garden for some choice herbs and a few veggies. Also increased my mowing by a few minutes by adding some new lawn to the spread. Time to relax!
Isn't it too cold to plant out eggplant, peppers and even tomtoes outside? Nighttime temps are still in the 40's here in RI.

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday I planted 2 gorgeous tomato plants. I bought them on Saturday and they already had blooms! I already have a baby tomato on one!

They are in a pot, though, as we only moved here a month ago and haven't done anything with the ground to have a garden.

My dh and dd eat so many tomatoes...I hope these plants can keep up with them lol.

KayRI

Leafing Out
Reaction score
moes' garden said:
Not to early for me. I've never had problems with my garden handling 40's.
Hmmm, maybe I'm babying mine too much, but I try to wait unitl the temps hit 50's at night. They say that tomatoes won't set flowers if the temps drop below that. . . and it is 43 tonight. I am counting on my walls of water to protect the 6 I have out there, but I'd like to put another 6 out there this weekend. . .

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually get them in earlier, too, I think it's more important to establish roots and get them growing. If it's going to be too frosty then I cover them. I haven't got them in the ground yet this year due to garden renovations, they're on the porch in pots still.

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Over the weekend, my sons and I planted a striped German tomato and a West Virginia hillbilly tomato. We planted marigolds around the tomatoes. Also, 4 mixed color verbenas, French tarragon, and 3 different scented geraniums. Then we went up the street where a neighbor was getting new stone steps in front of the house and we picked up 13 pieces of slate from the old steps and stacked it up in our backyard for future use. Each piece was about 4' x 1' and over an inch thick-heavy! I think I overdid my foot (surgery was one month and 4 days ago). Its killing me now. But I'll bet I can find some good use for that slate.

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, it has been quite busy here the last while. So far, I got two pastures planted for the horses, transplanted a huge rhubarb plant, raspberry bushes, and got my apple and pear tree planted.

My garden plot has now finally been completed--from scratch--i rented a sod lifter, and removed all the sod. put in ahuge load of horse manure, and then dear hubby rototilled--all the while reminding himself about how much he loves me. (we have heavy clay soil). I bought my seeds and plants that should be going in this weekend. it took a while to get the garden plot in, as we have so many other things on the go around here, but it is finally done. Thankfully the weather has been cool, so i'm not really that late.

Latest posts