What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today i started my tomato seeds (brandywine and roma vf) also some California wonder bell pepper and six egg carton holes of calendula. I'm gonna share some of these with my momma of course so she doesn't have to go buy a tomato plant again :) plus its a bit of an experimentation since i put dry used coffee grounds in the starter

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The radishes I planted outside on Feb. 18 are up. I did not see the spinach and I turned some of the dirt, so not sure if I messed the spinach up I planted the same day. I watered the radishes and covered with plastic. I have a lot of plants out in the sawhorse greenhouse. I have winter sow things outside in the real sun and bring in at night. My soil experiment with the Cherokee Purple tomatoes showed that my cooked garden soil and compost worked so far, but there are weeds in the cups. The FoxFarm soil was kind of a disappointment. The Miracle Gro proved I was right that I would have trouble growing my tomatoes in it this year. The Black Gold did really well with all 3 seeds and plants looking good. The uncooked compost has a nice big tomato with weeds. I am getting ready to start tomatoes, peppers, celery and basil.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Asters and statice. Scotch kale and celeriac. Eggplant - 5 different kinds. All are in their cookie boxes and in the kitchen. For a brief moment, I thought there were some peppers sprouting up there, not yet.

Since the hoop house is up -- sowed 3 types of bok choy in there. The over-wintered bok choy in the greenhouse was too close to bolting to be transplanted into the hoop house. There will be a little gap in bok choy production - oh, no!!

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
First flat of peppers are up! ... and some Basil, got one rack into the kitchen today. :cool:
Still watching for the Bada Bing Begonias, Gaillardia, Blue Clips, and Lavender to pop up.

Planted a flat of coleus today, 4 different kinds, and will start dusty miller, phlox and some snaps tomorrow... and maybe some lettuce and spinach in the porch... :weee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Toe.may.toooes!

I don't know if I'm late. I don't know if I stuck with the plan!

What plan? Out in the greenhouse, there was so much late afternoon sunlight in my eyes, I could hardly see!

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Toe.may.toooes!

I don't know if I'm late. I don't know if I stuck with the plan!

What plan? Out in the greenhouse, there was so much late afternoon sunlight in my eyes, I could hardly see!

Steve

I started about 10 tomato on 3-11 last year, had them in gallon pots in early May... I will dwell on that thought tomorrow. I usually start them the last week in March, but having a few early tomatoes was a treat so some seeds will likely hit the dirt soon.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Started tomatoes 10 kinds or so, cherry tomatoes 4 kinds I think, peppers 14 kinds o_O. I will give plants to friends if they live. I keep getting free seeds when I order and then read something about something I do not have. I started basil, thyme, celery, oregano. Outside next to the radishes, the spinach is up. I have a flat of the Cherokee Purple tomatoes being taken in and out of the sawhorse and so far they are looking good. Kale and cabbage are looking slow, but are growing. A few other things also are doing pretty good. Repotted collards. I am not sure if this is a waste of time starting them inside or not.