What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sugar snap peas, lettuce, pak choi, chard, spinach and green onions in the garden today. Hope to get spuds in later this week. Also hope to get something into seed trays today~maters, peppers, broccoli, flowers of various kinds~zinnias, nasturtiums, marigold, sunflowers, etc.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I kinda panicked yesterday, realizing that it was so late in March. Seed for all the varieties of tomatoes have been sown - early and late. If they do not germinate well, there is a chance to replant but I put a lot of seed in cookie boxes, already.

What of early, cool-season plants like broccoli? So often, I'm out of sync with spring weather.

I could be in some trouble with so many plants ready for transplanting at the same time. If there is a replay of below normal temps/above normal precipitation of late winter during spring, I may be in trouble but I'm just gonna hope for normal.

Gardeners work so closely with nature that the dependency life has on normal conditions lies before them at each and every step.

Steve

TwinCitiesPanda

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I kinda panicked yesterday, realizing that it was so late in March. Seed for all the varieties of tomatoes have been sown - early and late. If they do not germinate well, there is a chance to replant but I put a lot of seed in cookie boxes, already.

What of early, cool-season plants like broccoli? So often, I'm out of sync with spring weather.

I could be in some trouble with so many plants ready for transplanting at the same time. If there is a replay of below normal temps/above normal precipitation of late winter during spring, I may be in trouble but I'm just gonna hope for normal.

Gardeners work so closely with nature that the dependency life has on normal conditions lies before them at each and every step.

Steve

I imagine much the same transplant situation for myself. The vast majority of my seeds have been planted in 2 consecutive weekends and will have to wait on both warm weather and making and preparing the beds to transplant them. We'll see!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the seeds Major sent me planted, also a few more tomatoes and peppers. the garden was in great working condition the last few days, so I spaded up a long row and planted mixed lettuce and spinach out there. Need to make sure it stays watered, though.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still waiting on the replacement Golden Greek seeds to arrive. All the rest of the peppers and tomatoes are growing fast. I been thinking of seeding two other pepper varieties when I reseed the GGs. Also a pear tomato:ep

Latest posts