What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Transplanted 11 tomato plants today from the "Tank of Holding." They had each been potbound in one of those tiny 6 pack cells and had developed some nice roots in the last few weeks. I dug them deep holes in the tilled south part of the garden and "puddled" them thoroughly.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I transplanted all of my tomatoes in the "Tank of Holding." 4 went to the south garden bed, for a total of 13 planted on both sides of the fencing (for tying up.) The rest went into my 3' x 6' "potato bed." There are sunflowers and some blue dent corn growing there. Most of the 15 or so were ones that I had started from seed. There was one that I purchased and I am guessing that it is a "Mr. Stripey." Can't remember, don't really CARE, just wanted to give them all a fighting chance to produce for me.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found some volunteer pepper plants, so separated them and planted in a row. Curious what they are.
Month ago, planted jalapeños seeds in a pot-nothing. Yesterday, saw one brave plant. He is now in the garden-my lone jalapeño. Will plant some kohlrabi and beets later.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's keep in touch, bc I am planting a single planting of beets this week.
"Midsummer is the time for zone 4 to 6 gardeners to begin a second planting season. Crops including broccoli, lettuce, peas, spinach, kale, cilantro and arugula can be planted in July and early August for harvest from September through November."
https://www.gardeners.com/how-to/succession-planting/5016.html

Latest posts