What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Txchikngardners

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Had the chicken tractors working some soil in one edge of the garden and getting ready to put my onion plants in the ground tomorrow - yippee!! :tools

Mothergoat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Tucking some onion sets into a raised bed. Otherwise, only boot-sucking mud everywhere...

sebrightlover

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, not planting today, but I have my gardening blog going and have my extensive wishlist there! :tools

Keep in mind that I have like .4 acres in town :gig

http://ravenhawkendeavors.com/Gardening/:watering

If ya play with the category links on the right, it'll take you to my posts by type - fruit, veggie, etc.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sebrightlover said:
Well, not planting today, but I have my gardening blog going and have my extensive wishlist there! :tools

Keep in mind that I have like .4 acres in town :gig

http://ravenhawkendeavors.com/Gardening/:watering

If ya play with the category links on the right, it'll take you to my posts by type - fruit, veggie, etc.
I've only got you beat by .2 acres! My .6 is nice, though, and I'm surrounded by land that won't be developed. It's all good! :throw

I love the theme you used on your blog. I do wish I could get one started. I've got wordpress and everything, but I just don't seem to be inspired enough.

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm not going to have the time/energy/resources to plant anything until probably late March, early April. The chickens will come first. Then the garden.
With my health problems, I have to conserve and use my energy wisely. Still, I will have a garden come spring...even if it is a little 'weedier' than most. :rolleyes:

sebrightlover

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
[
I've only got you beat by .2 acres!
...but I just don't seem to be inspired enough.
My .4 ish acres is on a hillside that is like this / too :)

My house sits in the middle of it.

My hubby said he'll be happy IF I actually put the garden in, less to :mow! :gig

Re: the blog ... I could never get into doing a blog online before I started my poultry one. And it was inspirational!

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
In the spring, I will be planting:

Bush cherry
Dwarf blueberry
Raspberry
Blackberry
Dwarf Pixie Crunch apple
Asparagus
Carrots
Lettuce
Radishes
Strawberries
Cantaloupe
Yellow Watermelon
Sugar snap peas
Tomatoes
Brocolli

I have no idea how big my yard is. I'm going to plant some in the backyard, but it must be kept safe from my chickens. Most of my stuff will have to be planted in the side and front yards, where there is the most sun. I am even giving up my flower beds near the front door and around the mail box for veggies.

I am a little worried about having the stuff in the front yard. I hope people won't steal from me or vandalize my garden. If someone asks, I will be happy to share.

I may plant sunflowers around the edge of the yard, as a sort of natural fence to discourage trespassers.

I'm thinking carrots around the mailbox. Nice ferny greens, plus the dirt is good and soft, and deep. We can grow carrots year-round here, as long as they are mulched.

The sugar snap peas are going to be planted in a half-barrel that I had morning glories in last year. There are wires leading from the tub up to the drainpipe, for climbing. I figure I can add some horizontal wires to the six vertical ones, and that will suffice for the peas to climb on.

Peas DO climb, right?

The blackberry and raspberry bushes will be planted along my chain link fence, to provide support. The blueberry bushes can be planted in pots, so I can move them around as I need to.

I got all the paraphenalia for canning this Christmas, so I am looking forward to jars and jars of my very own home-grown goodies!

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sebrightlover said:
Reinbeau said:
[
I've only got you beat by .2 acres!
...but I just don't seem to be inspired enough.
My .4 ish acres is on a hillside that is like this / too :)

My house sits in the middle of it.

My hubby said he'll be happy IF I actually put the garden in, less to :mow! :gig

Re: the blog ... I could never get into doing a blog online before I started my poultry one. And it was inspirational!
My veggie garden is on the slope behind our garage which faces south. We have beds built so it is sort of terraced. It all started because DH hated to mow that slope!

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OKay so it wasn't really planting but it was a start. Today it was 52 degrees here and I built a 5x10 bed to grow watermellons in and also set up a wire and post tressis to tie my raspberries to this next sseason. Frankly it was just nice to forget it was January and not spring for a day. :)

Latest posts