What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Local Nursery is relocating (Evergreen Nursery in Rancho Bernardo - Hoodat) and everything is 30% off!

So I went Citrus tree shopping today and bought...

Valencia Orange
Minneola Tangelo
Myers Lemon
Algerian Clementines

...to add to my grove of existing Eureka Lemon, Bears Lime and Washington Orange. I also have another Tangerine tree and a Blood Orange tree that are planted elsewhere.

Pictures of course!

existing three Citrus to the left, three of the new Citrus soon to be planted.
P1010787-1.jpg

another angle, with helper...
P1010790-1.jpg

P1010792-1.jpg

close-up of Clementine, already loaded with fruit
P1010789-1.jpg

close-up of Myers Lemon
P1010793.jpg

existing Eureka Lemon, dripping with Lemons
P1010788-1.jpg

existing Lime tree
P1010791.jpg

adoptedbyachicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Looking at those pictures I could just cry. We just got our first snow! It's gone but I know soon it will be here to stay.

I planted amaryllis this week, 2 of them for my coffee table, they are my winter pick-me-up, keep me sane in the long dark plants.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
Looking at those pictures I could just cry. We just got our first snow! It's gone but I know soon it will be here to stay.

I planted amaryllis this week, 2 of them for my coffee table, they are my winter pick-me-up, keep me sane in the long dark plants.
This is the time of year where we enjoy paying our sunshine tax. Things start to green up and the weather isnt to hot to work or plant in. Its basically in the 70's during the day and the upper thirties at night.

kremond

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Like Beavis, enjoying fall here, and taking advantage of milder temperatures. Hadn't done much during spring and summer, fearing I would lose everything to the heat (as happened when we lived in McAllen, Texas, last year).
These last two weeks I started some swiss chard, lettuces, parsley, broccoli, and flowers (violas, calendulas, poppies, coneflowers).
Starting small, to gain some confidence in this new homeplace, hoping to grow a lot next year.
Karem.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Green with envy!!! Those look absolutely gorgeous! Citrus is something I can only dream of, in zone 4....
Karem, and lucky you too! We're taking advantage of milder temps to make sure our snow blower is in good working order! Keep us posted on those Florida gardens- it will help us get through the long winter!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mom is a great grapefruit fan- whenever she would find a "good" seed we would plant it. Had quite a collection (no fruit of course). They always seem to have that pest that makes the leaves sticky, that houseplants get...But, now you've got me thinking.

Latest posts